Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version

There should be an Equalizer for the Desktop version of Spotify.

EQ1.png

Since Spotify's mobile apps now have an EQ setting, this should be implemented on the desktop version, too!
The EQ should come with various presets but also the ability to save your own custom settings.

Updated on 2022-08-10

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Equalizer option is now available on desktop - and is gradually rolling out to all users over the next week. You will be able to play around and customize the sound of your music for a better listening experience by toggling your Equalizer on your computers.

Elena_1-1660143850905.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Mr_Fat_Lai

You guys are not delaying this anymore. You have already implemented an equalizer on iOS app, what's so hard to put it on Desktop version. EQUALIZER IS A MUST.

cuz-you

Let it happen seriously! Everyone has a specfic liking in their music so an EQ is a perfect way of modifying the sound.

JuanJoseMarco

Hi Spotify guys,

a very easy question. Do you read our commnets?

I am starting to think that you don't care.

@Marco wrote:

EQ1.png

Since Spotify's mobile apps now have an EQ setting, this should be implemented on the desktop version, too!
The EQ should come with various presets but also the ability to save your own custom settings.

@Marco wrote:

EQ1.png

joshandrec

senpai pls

BigDawgATL

Up untill now I would shave sugested using a proper Audio Player, such as JRiver etc. and the problem is solved to a much higher standard than just an EQ.

You can also use a "Ears: Bass Boost, EQ Any Audio!" Chrome extension:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ears-bass-boost-eq-any-au/nfdfiepdkbnoanddpianalelglmfooik...

elgordo8251

This is a no brainer and should be under the "Why would you NOT" category. Please, for those of us that might understand, explain why you can not add this feature? Unless it is impossible, what on Earth could you be waiting for? Those that want it can use it and those that don"t can turn it off or set it to flat if theyre using an external EQ. This isnt rocket science. Give the customer, especially paying ones like me, what they want if it's possible. Most of us are fairly intelligent and dont need anyone telling us whats best. We can figure it out all on our own.

Sorry for the rant but I think it is ridiculous that this issue has been going on for this long and still we are being told that we dont know what we really want. And again, I am a Premium PAYING customer, not that that should really matter in this case.

mcarter914

As part of a development workshop, I don't get how there can be two different mobile versions of an equalizer that they dedicated to making but not a desktop version.  The tech is there, the resouces are there, and I'm sure there is more desire for it than "Hold pause button for fadeout..."

Comeon.  iTunes has had a built in equalizer with presets for over a decade. 

jelles1988

For people who don't want to wait until spotify implements an EQ, someone created a very good EQ for spotify. Unfortunately it is not for free (anymore). http://www.equalify.me/

thebatdog
HELL YES! Thanks a ton!