Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version

There should be an Equalizer for the Desktop version of Spotify.

EQ1.png

Since Spotify's mobile apps now have an EQ setting, this should be implemented on the desktop version, too!
The EQ should come with various presets but also the ability to save your own custom settings.

Updated on 2022-08-10

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Equalizer option is now available on desktop - and is gradually rolling out to all users over the next week. You will be able to play around and customize the sound of your music for a better listening experience by toggling your Equalizer on your computers.

Elena_1-1660143850905.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
OmerWow

I don't get it, they take the best and most popluar ideas such as Lyrics, Notifications and EQ and just says that they're "listening" 😐

BrunoSarue

Why the **bleep** I've never thought about doing that...
Thanks a lot!

HeliTahvanainen

I noticed you added bass to music (bass level raised)? Have been noticing it  now for few weeks (listened with Windows computer Spotify). It hurts my ears. Could you add equalizer to the computer version of Spotify so we could bring the bass down. It's very disturbing. I guess I have to move to use Deezer, since you brought this change, took the notifications away too!

There's some options I can do this with my stereos but they are complicated. Thanks

User19801980

Its been years that people have been asking for an equalizer and still nothing from Spotify. This is the most basic of basic features and they still haven't listened to their customers. I am embarrassed for them, how pathetic.

Grantapher

The fact that this wasn't implemented in the beginning is ridiculous. Spotify, you need to reprioritize!

myguestvisitor

Thank you so much, like another comment here, best answer yet! This will do nicely for now. 

jtron44

Are the software deveopment team working on this?

eiraen160

I cant believe why this needs to be "added later" when its an ESSENTIAL function to customise your user experience. It would be alot easier and better if you want to listen to your music with your PC headseat/headphones or if you held a little party with friends. I know someone who has to use a program to adjust the sounds for his boxes.. WHY ON phones but not on the PC? Dont get it...

Slipmaskin

I thought that this was a given feature to begin with, and while getting Spotify Premium at first so as to have music on the go with my phone, I was very disappointed to find out that the music on my computer, although having separate good speakers with it, sounded like utter **bleep**. I spend a great deal of time by the computer and I've put up with this for a while now, but I'm starting to feel like Premium, or Spotify at all, isn't worth having when I can barely even listen to the music without cringing.
The lack of an equalizer is literally the only thing that makes me doubtful about Spotify. Please implement this feature soon.

chorixo-

I really think that Spotify should add an equalizer. I have both premium services in Tidal and in Spotify. Tidal is working on int, but Spotify says to users: "Not right now". Well, ok, maybe if Tidal is faster than Spotify in hearing my needs, maybe they are the best serivice for me.

Thanks for reading.