Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version

There should be an Equalizer for the Desktop version of Spotify.

EQ1.png

Since Spotify's mobile apps now have an EQ setting, this should be implemented on the desktop version, too!
The EQ should come with various presets but also the ability to save your own custom settings.

Updated on 2022-08-10

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Equalizer option is now available on desktop - and is gradually rolling out to all users over the next week. You will be able to play around and customize the sound of your music for a better listening experience by toggling your Equalizer on your computers.

Elena_1-1660143850905.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
themike547

Hey All,

Like most of you I simply cannot wrap my head around the fact that an equilizer doesn't exist in the paid version of this software. However I've found a decent solution to this issue - http://www.globaldelight.com/boom/index.php

I don't work for them, and also paid for the software. It works great, and is on $9. Solves all the issues.

austin_loach

Quite literally the only reason I would use anything else over Spotify is because they don't have an EQ on my laptop.. I play a lot of music from my laptop and I have some really nice speakers that are DEFINITELY not being used to full capacity simply because there is no EQ for me to fine tune the sound to just the way I like it... Otherwise, Spotify is incredible, but this a major flaw for me.. 

tagracer

it's 2017... Give us audio friendly customers an EQ on desktop please! Would prefer to run my equipment on my desktop vs my mobile devices...

cmccc

Please add EQ.

RobinRuscio

Please add eq! So helpul! 

bouklihm

why is this set as a solution?

happyhendersons
Maybe anyone can select it? I know a few people have been happy to hear
about 3rd-party system-wide EQ's. That's definitely not what I wanted, but
a few did.
riphamm32

Please have the equalizer available for desktop users, If I am paying for Spotify, it better have this feature especially for us musicians that demands more of sound quality. Otherwise I am cancelling.. 

TimonStip

Since you guys have acknowlidged this suggestion in 2015, it seems pretty weird you still have not implemented this function in the desktop app. Come on, spotify. You can do this!

bobbsledd

How about now?  Is it done yet?

Seriously, it's been a couple of years.  I'm starting to look at other apps that have this feature.