Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version

There should be an Equalizer for the Desktop version of Spotify.

EQ1.png

Since Spotify's mobile apps now have an EQ setting, this should be implemented on the desktop version, too!
The EQ should come with various presets but also the ability to save your own custom settings.

Updated on 2022-08-10

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Equalizer option is now available on desktop - and is gradually rolling out to all users over the next week. You will be able to play around and customize the sound of your music for a better listening experience by toggling your Equalizer on your computers.

Elena_1-1660143850905.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
JollyMcFarty

I know it's a bit late, but there's two ways you can get a great equalizer for just Spotify.

Equalify Pro should work, but costs like $15 and I think it still works with the new version of Spotify.

Another way you can get a Spotify equalizer (in my opinion way better than the phone one), is downloading an older version of Spotify, stop auto updates, and download and install Equalify free.  This method is free and works great (shakes my headphones on my head).  I think I use Spotify 0.9.15.27.  You can copy the "Spotify_new.exe" file into "%appdata%\Spotify" and just make sure it's set to "Read Only" so a new version of Spotify cannot reinstall itself.  Then just run Equalify and boot up spotify.  There should be a button near the top of the window that has a bunch of bars.  Click that and an equalizer should pop up.  If you want the files, I uploaded them to my drive: https://drive.google.com/open?=0B0KPjXtDRJJ0ajE0Wk96Ry0id1eWs

SpotifyEqualify.png
tiemposdelruido

Please do this! It's terribly important to be able to equalize your sound for your own system without too much hassle. It should be done right now, come on, it's not that hard!

citizen3ras3d

2017 and still no equalizer for the desktop? Is there that much of a disconnect between Spotify and it's users? Spotify is one of thew few premium music streaming services or local music players that fails to include an equalizer on the desktop version. It's already been implemented on ios and android for a while.. it's really not that hard to include it for the desktop. You can have it off and under advanced if you're worried it will confuse basic users, but at least give people the option. Maybe add it as a perk to getting premium. We're paying $10 a month for this, come on spotify. I'll be keeping my eye on competing services in the mean time.

rixirootm

I'm going to have to agree with the above. Come on Spotify, sort it out!

rixirootm

4000+ votes and 2 years later.. the premium service ignores it. It's the same as every other service in the world, quite honestly.. they've made their money, so **bleep** the users.

skipsaweirdo

DFX audio enhancer will give you an equalizer for everything that comes from your computer. Spotify, VLC video player, even though it has its own. DFX is free and awesome.

codeyman

If a straigh out equalizer is hard for you to do, could you atleast provide some precanned profiles that would work in different settings; e.g. playing on echo, playing on headphones, playing on regular speakers in small/large room etc.

dikaj

Ihave had spotify since its iception including full spotify as soon as it was available. I nearly always listen via my imacc not i-phone or ipad. Surely a music player without an equaliser is s no go as we all have different hearing. I cannot understand if ypiu have it for the i-phone why not an i-mac

dikaj

itunes and its succesor have had an equaliser on the desktop since win 32. I have flirted with Apple tunes when it first came out maybe I should revisit.  Lack of an equaliser is  terrible spotify especially as you say you have it for ipad and iphone. I have both but i spend a lot fof time on my desktop as I can put my glasses down and take my hearing aid oout switch on my bose soundstation and with an equaliser get a decent sound experience as the nice NHS Audiolgy gave me the sound profiles i need enhancing. Don't expect the ultimate just the general tweek treble. base and a few standardss like country,pop, opera.rock.

bonzo33

Please add n Equalizer. As a Paying customer I want to hear my music sounding good, not like garbage.