Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version

There should be an Equalizer for the Desktop version of Spotify.

EQ1.png

Since Spotify's mobile apps now have an EQ setting, this should be implemented on the desktop version, too!
The EQ should come with various presets but also the ability to save your own custom settings.

Updated on 2022-08-10

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Equalizer option is now available on desktop - and is gradually rolling out to all users over the next week. You will be able to play around and customize the sound of your music for a better listening experience by toggling your Equalizer on your computers.

Elena_1-1660143850905.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
mljn

The votes passed 5500

faithplayskeys

Yes, please add an equalizer to the desktop version. I am pretty astounded there isn't this feature. Why on earth isn't there? I thought there used to be ... maybe I'm not remembering correctly. Really, it can't be that difficult of a feature to have. I've been thinking about looking into other alternatives to Spotify ... this gives me some more reason to think about doing that. 

Jakooob

This would be really nice to have because i listen to tons of music on my pc and it could sound a lot better with an equalizer.

bpburns777

I am amazed it's not here.  I chose Spotify over iTunes because the music recommender / discovery features are much better than iTunes.  However sound quality is the most important feature.  Unsubscribing and going back to iTunes.  

NOVAinc

Holy **bleep**, it's been over two years since the team was paying attention to this... what happened? So many bells and whistles and yet no EQ.. what gives?

MBarbknecht

This absolutely needs to be a priority! How is it possible you haven't done this yet!?

slavic

Just do it. 

vincr04

For the price we pay, please it's a minimum requirement to have an EQ, and I suppose not so hard to implement. Do it!

rondog

This one is free for OSX users and works great: https://www.bitgapp.com/eqmac/

Bunkser

I would love for this to be integrated into the desktop version. An in-application equalizer would allow me to enjoy songs and fix some songs that have bad editing, etc. Totally on board with this idea 🙂