Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error 117 - Windows

Error 117 - Windows

Plan

Free

Country

Brazil

Device

Notebook Dell Inspiron 15

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So i've been trying to make the Spotify work on my Notebook, but it always end up in a error 117 - 'Maybe the firewall is blocking spotify...' i have already tried everything i could think off, i changed the proxy to no proxy, i added spotify as a exception to the windows firewall, i turned off the windows firewall and the kaspersky free to see if anything happenned but it's still shows the same error 117,

The funny thing is that during a small time frame of 2 to 3 days it worked normally and then when it got back to showing this error mensage. Please if you could help

i would love to be able to acess spotify from the app instead of using the web player.

error 117.png
1 Reply

Hi @VictorVirgolino, thanks for writing!

Can you please try these steps:

- Uninstalling Spotify.

- Removing any Spotify entries from your firewalls (be sure to check any security software, Windows Firewall and your router firewall if you have one).

- Install Spotify again.

- Double check it is on the allowed lists in your firewalls. If you are using Windows Firewall, go to Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Allow a Program or Feature through Windows Firewall > Spotify > Tick Private and Public boxes. 

There's also this link in portuguese that might help you.

Let me know if it works!

Ah, e se preferir pode responder em português 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts