Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error 117 since update

Solved!

Error 117 since update

Hello,

Since i updated Spotify windows client, i get an error message at every attempt of connexion, altought the software is not blocked by any firewall.

Thaks for your help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello, i solved the problem. The Bitdefender's firewall sucks and blocked all my softwares, even those added on the whitelist. So i use another firewall and now, it works perfectly.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Error 117 normally has two causes from my experience:

- A firewall or other software blocking Spotify.

- An ISP blocking Spotify due to it's p2p connections. 

Can you try:

- Uninstalling Spotify.

- Removing any Spotify entries from your firewalls (be sure to check any security software, Windows Firewall and your router firewall if you have one).

- Install Spotify again.

- Double check it is on the allowed lists in your firewalls. If you are using Windows Firewall, go to Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Allow a Program or Feature through Windows Firewall > Spotify > Tick Private and Public boxes. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello, i uninstalled and reinstalled spotify, but it solved nothing, and now, the software is blocked in the connection window. I know that it's nor the Windows firewall (i have the problem even if it's disabled) nor my ISP (i can domnwload p2p without problem). I don't know if my router have a firewall, but i doubt that it could blacklist spotify even if i did a simple update, abd oldest update don't gave me any problem.

I allowed the program in my firewall setting, but the problems still exists. How is this possible ?

Thaks for your help.

Marked as solution

Hello, i solved the problem. The Bitdefender's firewall sucks and blocked all my softwares, even those added on the whitelist. So i use another firewall and now, it works perfectly.

I have a family account. Since i cancel and adn sing to add a new user i get a error 117 message in linux... In android the downlowd to play off-line stay in waiting...

My firewall is off, and, other users play normaly....

I think this is a change in the server...

Is this?

Suggested posts