Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 6s, HP Windows 10 laptop)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Today I tried to sign into my main Spotify account and an error popped up that said A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Error code 17." Then I tried to sign in through my other account and everything worked fine. Why am I not able to log into my main account?

10 Replies

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Yes, I have tried to restart my device already and to no accomplishment. The version of Spotify is the latest one (I made sure) and I have Windows 10.

I have also reinstalled as well. The this that confuses me is why can I sign into one account but the other has a firewall error.

Hey @agarwalronak58,

Please try this more advanced guide to reinstall Spotify.

Please try to create another user account and install Spotify there. Sing in with your account and let me know how it goes 🙂

I did all this and yet to no prevail... 😞

Hey @agarwalronak58,

Please check your Firewall Settings or your Proxy.

Try to reset your password to see if that helps.

If possible, try to sign in on another device with similar specs.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

How do you check firewall setting and proxy? And which settings do I need for the proxy?

Which proxy setting do I need?

Hiagarwalronak58, 

I had the same problem as you and it turned out that the problem was that I moved countries. I registered with Spotify while in one country, and then moved to another: that's when error code 17 started showing. 

If this applies to you, what I recommend you do is sign in online (spotify.com), and in 'My account', update the country you're in. Sign in on the app -- all set! 

Hope this works for you. 

Best,

JJR

That actually may be the case as I live in the US but right now I am in India and India does not seem to be one of the country options.

Suggested posts