Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Dell Inspiron 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Seemingly for no reason, the Spotify program on Windows 10 was saying OFFLINE which was wrong as everything else was working normally on my computer. My internet connection was ok. So, I logged out as recommended online.

Now that I try to log back in, there is a message saying a firewall might be blocking Spotify. There is not and everything was working fine yesterday. I already reinstalled Spotify on my computer but no changes. It also says I should consider changing my proxy settings (error code: access point: 34) which I tried too. My phone still and web player also work on my computer. 

2 Replies

Hey there @alexeboule,

Thanks for reaching out! We'll happily help you sort this one out 🙂

A reinstall is the logical first step in such cases, so kudos for trying that out! However there might still be some leftover files on your device. Could you try it once more with the steps here for a clean reinstall? You should also check your hosts file for any Spotify entries. 

If the firewall message still pops up you should also take a look at this article and the rest of the steps outlined there.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Have a great day!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

If you have 2 network adapaters in your computer and one of them is a LAN without DNS or gateway, the error could be in the interfaz metric, I mean, the order in wich Windows manage the adapters in your machine, if Windows is using the LAN adapter in first place, it couldn't  reach Internet so you have to change it to the WAN adapter or whatever it has set up a right DNS and gateway. To change the metrics you should go to your adapter and click in Ipv4 advanced options, uncheck the box automatic metric and put a number for the right order, this way Windows will use first an adpater and then the other.

I Repeat, this solution is only for those with 2 adpaters in their machines.

I hope it helps.

Suggested posts