Premium

Country

United States

Device

HP EliteDesk 

Operating System

Windows 7 or later

My Question or Issue

I am able to log into my webplayer on Google Chrome and play my music through my playlists just fine, but when I try to use the desktop app, which I have only just downloaded a week ago, it won't even allow me to log in.

I have my Facebook connected to my Spotify, and that is how I log in on my other devices, such as my HP Laptop at home, with no issues. 

However, on my work computer, I'll attempt to log in with the Facebook quicklink on the app, it'll go into the default browser (Internet Explorer, though I have also tried Chrome), and then the opened tab will close. I will go back into the desktop app, and it will display the message:

Service is temporarily unavailable, please try again later.  

(Error Code: 7)
What could this mean?

Update: it now displays (Error Code: 2) when I try to log in. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @PresidentMads,

thanks for the quick update.

I'm glad (so to speak) to hear we're only left with Error 7 cause that means one of the following:

- Corrupt download or incomplete installation

- Windows registry issues from a recent related software change

- Another program mistakenly deleted Spotify-related files.

Please perform a full uninstall of the Spotify app from your device, have a registry software run to fix related issues and reinstall a fresh new copy of Spotify.

Waiting to see how you did 😃

View solution in original post

4 Replies

thanks for posting in the community !

The issue in hand means that there's a setting which needs to be changed in order for the device to stop blocking Spotify's permissions.

The most common thing i can think of is either your firewall or anti-virus program.

Please check the above to make sure Spotify has all permissions needed to oparate on the system your using it.

Waiting on your update 😃

Thank you for your reply and suggestion. I have since changed permissions, and allowed the Spotify app thorugh the firewall that is included in the Windows system, and checked to make sure there was nothing else blocking it.

The error code (2) has gone away, but now (7) has returned. 

Could there be another issue, or should I just try reinstalling the application again?

Marked as solution

thanks for the quick update.

I'm glad (so to speak) to hear we're only left with Error 7 cause that means one of the following:

- Corrupt download or incomplete installation

- Windows registry issues from a recent related software change

- Another program mistakenly deleted Spotify-related files.

Please perform a full uninstall of the Spotify app from your device, have a registry software run to fix related issues and reinstall a fresh new copy of Spotify.

Waiting to see how you did 😃

@OneByBoo,

Thank you very much for all your help!

I have deleted and reinstalled the Spotify desktop app, and now everything is running smoothly! Music is playing perfectly through my workspace, and my customers are enjoying the music!

You've relieved a small bit of stress on my shoulders today.

Once again, thanks. 🙂

Suggested posts