Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error on Windows PC 'This song is not available....'

Solved!

Error on Windows PC 'This song is not available....'

As of today I'm getting this error when trying to play any song from my Windows PC (Lenovo):

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

The song will play for a brief moment, not even a second, then the sound will cut and the above pop-up will appear ~5s later.

Trying the Web Player has a separate issue, where the songs skip from one to the next, only playing ~5s worth.

Spotify had been working well on this PC and still works flawlessly on my phone and other computers, so I don't believe this is related to my account. I have also had a friend sign-in on my Lenovo and they experience the same issue. On the Lenovo, I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, as well as deleting cache files from Local and Roaming AppData, without success. I also tried toggling 'Offline Mode' as I found this a solution for another user.

After attempting the 'Spotify fixes' I found online I re-installed audio drivers on my computer and made sure everything was fully updated directly from Lenovo. 

Unfortunately nothing I have tried works and I was hoping for something else I might have overlooked before thinking about reformatting. 

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Found the issue, turned out to be a 'flapping' audio device. Completely disabled everything in Playback Devices but what I wanted, and Spotify is working well again.

Posting this in case someone else has the same problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Found the issue, turned out to be a 'flapping' audio device. Completely disabled everything in Playback Devices but what I wanted, and Spotify is working well again.

Posting this in case someone else has the same problem.

I occassionally have this issue as well, I too am on a Lenovo but I doubt that's relevant.  I've always chalked it up to a slow network connection at the time, as I use my computer wirelessly in a large office full of people.

You could try changing to a wired or wireless connection to see if that works better.  Updating your NIC and/or Wireless drivers could possibly help, I'm not certain it will, but it's always easier to try than reformatting your machine.

Suggested posts