Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error "Spotify cant Play this right now ..." Because of Soundquality above 192000Hz

Solved!

Error "Spotify cant Play this right now ..." Because of Soundquality above 192000Hz

Plan

Free

Country

Germany

Device

PC

(FiiO K5 Pro over usb + DT 990 Pro)

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro

20H2 (Build 19042.928)

My Question or Issue

First of all this issue got already solved but since then Spotify didn't do anything to fix it. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/quot-Spotify-can-t-play-this-right-now-If-you-have-...

Today as is set up my new sound system i stumbled across an issue with Spotify.

As i was about to test my new setup with Spotify i got an error saying "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

i googled it (in German forum) and came across to a lot of posts that told me to start Spotify with administrator rights, but that didn't help (and some other stuff that also didn't work)

Long Story short, after some troubleshooting myself i noticed that Spotify refuses to play songs if you set the sound quality in the sound control panel to anything above 192000Hz.

(with my setup i can go up to 384000Hz)

could the Dev Team do something about that? i know 384000Hz is overkill for Spotify but i have this option so i want to use it. And it's annoying to manually change it every time i want to listen to Spotify.

If a Developer Reads this tell us why it isn't already fixed, does it need to much changes to implement it? or is it just not worth it because just a small amount of people have this issue?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Yukiteru,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

We can confirm that Spotify currently doesn't support a sample rate higher than 24-bit/192kHz, as this is the maximum available set up for 320kbps (the highest resolution on Spotify as of right now).

This is currently under consideration and any news regarding lossless quality with higher sample rates will be announced in the original idea topic here. You can Subscribe to that thread to be on top of any new updates about it.

We suggest using a set up not higher than 192kHz for Spotify to properly work for now.

We hope this sheds some light on the matter. If you need anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @Yukiteru,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

We can confirm that Spotify currently doesn't support a sample rate higher than 24-bit/192kHz, as this is the maximum available set up for 320kbps (the highest resolution on Spotify as of right now).

This is currently under consideration and any news regarding lossless quality with higher sample rates will be announced in the original idea topic here. You can Subscribe to that thread to be on top of any new updates about it.

We suggest using a set up not higher than 192kHz for Spotify to properly work for now.

We hope this sheds some light on the matter. If you need anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts