Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error "no disk"

Error "no disk"

Hello!

Since this morning it's impossible to use normally my Spotify on my computer (windows 10). When I open it, a little box opens and says "spotify.exe: there's no disk in the drive"

Impossible to close this box, I've try to click on "cancel", "continue", etc.... but nothing.

I've tried to desinstall Spotify and install it again but the problem is still here.

Anybody got an idea about the solution to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance 

2 Replies

Hey @dollylo1606

That's a really weird message from Spotify! Can't help but chuckle... no disc?

However, found one user who had same kind of error message and it turned out to be linked to their (nonexistent) iTunes entry in the Local Files. What they did was go to Preferences, go to Local Files (show songs from) and turn off iTunes.

Another user found an old iTunes file called iTunes Music Library.xml in their music library. It contained lots of entries referring to the F:\ drive where he had music files on the previous computer. He corrected the entries in this file. I guess one could simply remove the file from there too.
(at this point I realized where the 'no disc' error came from)

There is a registry tweak available too, but I really hope the methods above will solve the issue. 🙂
Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey!

Thanks so much for your advice and help about this weird issue 🙂

I just opened Spotify to check what you told me and... miracle! Without doing nothing this little box was not here anymore!! Kind of weird and strange as I've spend the whole day trying to fix that!

Anyway, for now everything is working but I keep your solution in case it happens again!

Thanks again 🙂

Suggested posts