premium

Country

us

Device

(desktop pc)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I am recieving the following error when trying to launch spotify for the first time : the procedure entry point pauhremovefilespecw could not be located in the dynamic link Library C:\\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\urlmon.dll. I have tried reinstalling from the microsoft store and have also tried installing from the spotify website. same thing. I have gone through and removed every trace file of spotify from my pc and still the same thing.

1 Reply

Hey there @Wr3ckstorm,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If you haven't already, we'd recommenf trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps below:

1. Click the Start button. Select Settings.
    2. Open System.
    3. Click Apps & features, then select Spotify.
    4. Click Uninstall. Click Uninstall again in the pop-up to confirm.
    5. On the Start search bar, type %AppData% and hit enter. This should open up AppData\Roaming.
    6. In the new window that opens up make sure there's no Spotify folder showing up. If there is, you can delete it.
    7. Make sure that there is no Spotify folder left in AppData\Local  (or C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage) as well.
    8. Restart your device.
    9. Download and install Spotify from the Windows Apps store.

If that doesn't do the trick, a screenshot of the error message you see would be very helpfu. Just make sure that it doesn't include any sensitive or private info 🙂

Also, could you let us know, if it persists, if your Windows username contains any non-English or unusual characters? 

Keep us posted 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts