Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Every time I unpause a song, it plays but with no sound.

Every time I unpause a song, it plays but with no sound.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States 

Device

HP Pavilion x360 Touchscreen 2-in-1

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

It seems as though after the last forced Windows 10 update, my Spotify app has been having a slight issue. When I first open the app and play a song, it works with no problems. However, if I unpause a song that I paused (whether that song was paused for 3 minutes or longer), the song will continue to play but with no sound at all. This has been happening for the past two weeks or so and it has happened after pressing the physical play/pause button I have on my laptop and it has happened after pressing the play/pause button on Spotify. At first, I thought this was happening because I have my phone connected as a shared device, but that was not the case. I have exited out of Spotify to see if that would fix it, I have messed with my laptops audio settings, I have checked to see if anything was muted, and I have restarted my laptop and nothing has worked. I would love to know whether this is a Spotify issue or a Windows issue and I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me with this or give me some tips on how to fix this! 

1 Reply

Hey @Matvelkidd314,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Have you already tried the steps suggested by @Alex here? Clearing any entries that contain Spotify from the Host files on your system before clear-reinstalling the app could do the trick in this case.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts