Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Explicit filter is broken on Desktop

Explicit filter is broken on Desktop

The Desktop player has a bug in that if you have enabled explicit filter on a mobile device and are connected via Spotify Connect to a device with explicit filter enabled then the desktop will show an error that the track can't be played every time you try to play an explicit track. 

The easiest solution to this would be to (about time!!!) add the explicit filter setting to the desktop app and fix the error message so it tells you it can't play due to this setting.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA 

Device

Desktop App

Operating System

Windows 10

2 Replies

I'm really getting sick of the disdain for the customer from Spotify. The inability to PLAY A SINGLE SONG, the missing explicit feature from desktop and the fact that it can be disable from another platform and there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO on the desktop to play the song you want to hear. Spotify is INFURIATING and they dont. give. a.

Exactly the same on MacOS Mojave.

I get the blue bar "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

As soon as I disable the explicit filter on my phone (iPhone XS iOS 12.1.4) I can play the song.

With the explicit filter enabled on my phone I cannot play Explicit songs on my Mac.

Suggested posts