Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Find Friends with Facebook Connect shows 0 friends on spotify

Find Friends with Facebook Connect shows 0 friends on spotify

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Lenovo laptop

Operating System

Win 10

My Question or Issue

I've seen this posted yet no solutions seem to work.

ISSUE: When clicking "Find Friends" Spotify shows 0 FB friends on Spotify.

WHAT I'VE DONE:
- completely uninstalled Spotify desktop client
- deleted Spotify App within FB app settings
- reinstalled Spotify desktop app from MS Store
- Logged into Spotify with my Spotify login (not FB)
- Reconnected to FB within Spotify and enabled all permissions except for Spotify seeing my birth date.
- Clicked Find Friends and still get the same result. I've done this 3x now in slightly different sequences and on different OS's and laptops. 

Any clue what the issue is? I've had this happening now for a few years.

Thanks!

12 Replies

I have a similar problem for some time now and it starts to get annoying. My "Find Friends" button does not work at all. I also uninstalled the Windows version a few times but no result. 

spotify.JPG

Hi there,

"Logged into Spotify with my Spotify login (not FB)"

This might be the issue. Think you need to login with your FB account to Spotify. Otherwise there's no connection to your FB freinds using Spotify.

Good Luck

Hey Tapehead,

Thanks for your reply! But...why would Spotify have a separate “Connect to FB” button and process in their app if connecting your FB friends actually depended on your logging in with your FB credintials? 

I don’t want to share all my FB data with Spotify which is likely why they have two separate processes (for people like me :). When you use the Connect feature within the Spotify app, you can choose which FB data you expose to Spotify. I'm not sure if this is the case with straight-up logging in with FB creditials.

Is there a Spotify tech that can comment on this?

Thanks!

Hey @nw_yogi and @rora

I suggest taking a look at the privacy settings on your Spotify account.

If you have toggled the "Process my Facebook Data" off, then Spotify won't process your Facebook name, profile picture and friends, meaning finding your Facebook friends will be impossible.

When you toggle it back on, you might have to log out and back in / wait for a day or two for changes to take effect.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Sabasty,

The only thing I see under Settings > Privacy: is a cookie setting. On the win desktop version there is no FB specific privacy setting.

However I did click on the "Account" buton and it took me out of the app and onto the Spotify webpage where I am seeing a setting that is Facebook specific. I wonder why they've abstracted this out of the app?

I'll try this and report back.

In the desktop app, I went to User>Account>Privacy and activated the "Process My Facebook Data"

I then logged out of the web app, closed it, and reopened it. I then reconnected to FB within the Spotify app. I'm still getting the same result. 0 Friends Using Spotify.

DELETE-spotify.JPGDELETE-spotify2.JPG

@nw_yogi

It took me about a day before Spotify started showing my Facebook name instead of the numerical value in the desktop client. It might be that the Facebook Friends needs some time to reboot as well.

You can try reinstalling your Spotify client as well - here is the article that shows how to.

The Facebook data processing setting is not in Spotify client settings (Preferences) because it's not a client-specific setting - it will affect your Spotify account, not one Spotify app. 🙂

Let me know how you get on!

SebastySpotify Star

If you do not connect with your FB account to Spotify - how would Spotify know the friends that are connected to this account?

Does the account you use to connect to Spotify have any FB Friends?

Tapehead,

I am connecting FB to Spotify hence the botton saying "Connect to Facebok".

There are definitely many friends on FB (out of 3k) that are using Spotify. 

DELETE-spot3.JPG

Hey Sebasty, 

sorry for the late answer but I waited a few days to see if there would be any change. I am logged in with my FB and "Share my activity on FB" (and everything else I found that is connecting me to FB) is ON. I still do not have access to the "Find Friends" Button. 😕

@rora

I suggest reading this article (the 'I don't see my friends' section specifically).

If that doesn't help, then you will need to create a new Spotify account and connect that to Facebook.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Is there a support person from Spotify actually reading these threads? I'd love to get some help with this continually unresolved issue. 

Is there even a Spotify support desk? Spotify, PLEASE help. So much of the community is having the same issue.

Suggested posts