Follow artist broken

Follow artist broken

ianispacaud
Casual Listener

I don't know if it's just a problem with the new desktop version of Spotify but when I click the FOLLOW button on an artist page, it just doesn't work.

Sometimes I can see the the newly added artists in the library section, but when I restart spotify, they are gone.

I tried different ways to follow an artist but none of them work, I followed David Bowie like 7 times today...

The only way to add artists for me is to go through the mobile app which is really annoying.

Plan

Family Premiem

Country

France

Operating System

Windows 10

3 Replies

OneByBoo
Rock Star 19
Rock Star 19

Hi there @ianispacaud,

thanks for reaching out !

I would recommend following the steps provided on this Spotify Answer and to perform a clean reinstall (a bit different from the regular one) of your app.

This will give it a fresh clean start and might help solving and issues you're having at the moment.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

OneByBooRock Star 19
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

spotfyisgarbag1
Regular

Jesus, if one more person gives the same "solution" to every problem, just restart, reinstall, clean reinstall.

Worthless advice, thank you!

Jeremy

Hey @spotfyisgarbag1,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case we suggest a clean reinstall to make sure there's no old cache files causing this. 

If that doesn't do the trick - can you let us know if this happens if you try to follow an artist from a specific device or multiple devices?

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
SUGGESTED POSTS