Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop/Phone

Operating System

Windows 10, Android

My Question or Issue

I follow a lot of artists (it says 1300+), but despite it saying I'm following on the artists individual page, some do not show up in my list of artists I'm following. I have no idea how many exactly, but it's A LOT. I thought it was just an issue at first with the desktop spotify app, because on my phone the artists that are missing will say I'm not following them on their individual page. So I'll follow them on there, and they'll momentarily appear on my artist list on there as well. If you close the phone app though and re-open it, they're gone once again. I'm such a big music buff, it's such a pain knowing a large percentage of my artists aren't being saved in my following list. Anyone else had this problem or know of a fix? 

19 Replies

Additional info... the groups missing don't seem to follow any sort of pattern. I haven't reached any sort of limit, nor is it just the most recent additions. Tool's music just went up today, and I followed them. It's displaying in my Artists list. The ones missing despite saying they're being followed on their individual page appears to be entirely random. HELP SPOTIFY.

I’m having the same issue after following a lot of artists on my desktop app. They don’t show as followed on my phone even after i pushed the follow button on my phone and then closed the app, but they do show as followed on my desktop app, which is working very badly right now. It’s updated to the latest version but keeps giving errors saying Spotify isn’t working right now.

I'm having the same issue. When talking to customer service about another issue, the two claimed that tens to happen if flowing over 1000 artists and that "they're working on it", but it's been like that for a while and is very inconvenient!

Hey there @cmcrich2,

Thanks for reaching out about this to the Community!

If you're following a very large number of Artists as well as having a library with thousands of songs and albums this may very well hinder the performance of the app. Because it's difficult to constantly sync such amounts of data.

You can have a look at this post from @MattSuda  for more info on the current state of things.

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion with the Community. 

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having the same issue (followed artists not showing up under my artists list) and im not following anywhere near 1000 artists.... its likely less than 50, however as the artists list is most definitely not functioning correctly its hard to say an exact number rite now... this really needs fixing, its very frustrating!

Hey @Bobins

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're here for you and will help you further.

In this case we recommend you to reinstall Spotify - you can find the steps here. Also, it would be great if you could clean your cache, to see if that makes a difference.

Does this happen on all your devices or just on Desktop?

Can you send us screenshots or a screen recording of the issue? That would help us understand what's going on more directly from your side.

Let us know how everything went. We're always one reply away if you need us.

Cheers!

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I started following some new podcasts and artists. I went to my following list and noticed that my following count was 5. I am definitely following more than 5. I am trying to attach a screen recording, but it does not take .mov files) which is strange because I’m sure there are also a lot

of iOS users.

Anyway, the Spotify shows that I am following podcasts that don’t show up on my list of accounts followed. 

Hey @123381506,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

We'd suggest you start off by restarting the device. Then you can log out and log back in again. It's also a good idea to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing this issue.

Does the issue occur on another device? That way we can see if it's a device-related issue.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

I have this exact problem with the latest update for the windows desktop app.
it makes me very very sad not being able to see witch artists I follow or not.
because i can not expand the reach of my inventory if i cant see who i dont follow

Hey there @Alvark,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Would you mind letting us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? This will help us give you better suggestions. 

Also, is the same thing happening when you log into your account using a different device? 

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I do still have the problem, but mostly the small window when I toggle over the artist, not when I go in to the artist. 

But it still makes me sad, hope you fix the bug. 

I use "windows 10 home"

The webpage version of Spotify works best. 

I deleted all my storage on my computer and reinstalled the app twice. 

Hey @Alvark

Thanks for getting back to us with this info. 

We understand you've already tried reinstalling the app. However, we'd like to suggest a clean reinstall as it's more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know how many artists you're following and how many can you see in the list?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator

I have made a complete clean Uninstall. 

But still when I try a quick check if I follow artist when I am in a Playlist, it still only works in like 1 in 4 artists.

But when I enter the artist now it shows im all the artist I've randomly selected. 

I don't know where to find my amount of followed artists. 

Peace 

Hi @Alvark

Thanks for this info. 

Could you send over a video where we can take a better look at what's happening? You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor, just make sure to exclude any personal info from it.

Also, let us know the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be right here.

NovyModerator

I follow very few artists, less than a dozen, but it doesn't include all of them in the favorites. However, it does include artists I haven't followed.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of your affected device along with the Spotify version you have currently running? Is this happening on all your devices?

On another note, would you mind sharing with us the troubleshooting you've already tried? This way we'll avoid repeating any steps.

Lastly, is it always behaving like that or did you notice if this started to happen after an specific event such as a OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

As I understand the problem has not been resolved for at least 4 years. I have the same issue - ALL the re-installation/clearing cache/log-in/log-off are not working. I follow 1.5K artist, and it's important to know about their shows in my city, but I see only the part of them in the feed. Since Spotify, let's be honest, doesn't have any working tips to resolve that, the question is - when approximately your development team will resolve that issue? Otherwise it makes me to get back to Songkick. I'm sure it's not that difficult to find out. Thanks!

It seems that I can follow unlimited amount of people or artists, but only latest 1 000 will be shown in the profile.

Number seen on the profile will be always up to date. I hope they can show all we follow.

I have been apart of spotify since it launched and i follow well over 12,000 artists and not all my artists show up in my following section. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and even cleaned up cache and it still is the same. But when i go to my artists page they all show up so im confused as to what the difference between my following and my artists page, and why they dont show up.

Suggested posts