Free

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Lenovo Legion y540 15IRH

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro

My Question or Issue

All fonts appear blurry, it's unbearable to look at. It also won't let me fullscreen fully.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Find spotify.exe on your computer (should be in AppData\Roaming\Spotify), right click and open Properties. Open the Compatibility tab. Click "Change high DPI settings". Check both boxes. In the first dropdown, set it to when "I open this program". In the second dropdown, select performed by "Application". Restart Spotify completely and the blurriness should be resolved.bvKzLe7

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Find spotify.exe on your computer (should be in AppData\Roaming\Spotify), right click and open Properties. Open the Compatibility tab. Click "Change high DPI settings". Check both boxes. In the first dropdown, set it to when "I open this program". In the second dropdown, select performed by "Application". Restart Spotify completely and the blurriness should be resolved.bvKzLe7

Thanks. Was really annoying not being able to read anything without straining my eyes lol.

Hey there @OverWims,

Thanks for posting here in the Community about this and glad to hear that @AndrewBlizard's post helped!

In this case, we hope you don't mind us marking that post as solution so it's more visible to users with a similar issue.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with - we're happy to lend a hand!

Have a lovely day 🙂 

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I'm tried to do this but could not find the spotify.exe file - it doesn't show in User\AppData\Roaming\Spotify, that is just an empty folder.

Turns out Windows installs the Spotify as an 'App' in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SpotifyAB.... This folder is not accessible in File Explorer.

From the task manager you can right-click spotify.exe, select properties and then make the changes as suggested by AndrewBlizard.

The screen scaling issue is really frustrating and I hope Spotify can fix this. Also installing as an untouchable Windows App is a pain.

Hey Tom, looks like you installed the Windows Store version (UWP app) of Spotify. My solution applies to the standalone desktop application version. Unfortunately this blurring issue is a Windows issue, not a Spotify issue!

Suggested posts