Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Foreign language music

Foreign language music

I just want to remove the danish music from my Recommended thing because i keep getting flooded with danish songs even though i have NEVER Favorited or saved any danish songs. I mean do i need to buy a VPN to listen to music?
And my preferred language is English yet i still get tons of stuff like "Nye Danske hits" But Please just let me listen to music i like and understand. 

5 Replies

Hi there @Lime_Juice

thanks for reaching out !

Could you please add a screenshot so i can view the section this content is being presented to you ?

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

Hi, I have the same problem. My Spotify installation is in Spanish and I only listen to music in Spanish or English. Yet I find myself with foreign language songs in my weekly discovery list. I've stopped using it because it is annoying having to skip songs every now and then.

I'm attaching a screenshot form my phone but it applies to all platforms.

In the screenshot you can see "Schau mich nicht so an" and "Ikaw At Ako" which I have no clue what languages are those. Also, the song that just started playing as I took the screenshot "Pretender" I think it is in Japanese.

Please! Just let me filter by language! Something like: 'Languages I want recommendations in': ['English', 'Spanish']

Screenshot_20201006-104124.png

Hey @Galbar,

Thank you for your post. We're happy to help.

There's actually an idea about this. You can leave a +Vote and subscribe to the thread for any updates.

We would also appreciate if you'd let us know if you're using VPN? If so we recommend that you turn it of.

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

No VPN here. I live in Spain, in case that information helps.

I'll add my vote to the idea, thanks for the link 🙂

Cheers

Hey @Galbar,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Keep an eye out on the idea, we'll inform on any updates there, as soon as there are any

Note that the personalized content is based not only on your personal likes, but also on those of people with similar taste. We suggest that you keep liking / disliking songs in your Discover Weekly. This way the app will learn your preferences quicker and you'll get recommendations more to your liking.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts