Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friend Feed Now Facebook Only?

Friend Feed Now Facebook Only?

My friends and family are no longer visible in the Friend feed. When I try to restore them using the Find Friends button, it asks me to connect to Facebook. Neither I nor members of my family have Facebook accounts so how do I get them back into my feed?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
14 Replies

I'm having the same issue.

Same here.

I guess it's a feature but it makes no sense to me, I have nothing to do with facebook and I would like to keep it that way.

@Spotify: For me you are just removing a functionallity that I like. Please, could you keep the old friends feed functionality too?

Also please don't get too attached to facebook. I have no plans on using it and if I start missing functionalities for my lack of facebook's account I will have to look for a different service and I must say that I like spotify so that would be a lose-lose situation.

Regards,

David

I just got some help from Spotify who simply advised me to uninstall and re-install the desktop app from Spotify.com That restored my original feed. Further adivce was offered which I will pas on for what it's worth:

1. The person you want to see on your Friend activity section follows you or you follow them in order for your profile to show up.
  2. The person is not on a private session.
  3. The size of your Spotify app screen should at least occupy 3/4 part of your desktop.

It did not work for me. I do not want to connect my Spotify to Facebook and I definitely want this feature back. It's how I discovered many new songs...

I did ask: "Also I raised this on the forums and others had a similar issue, is a reinstall also the solution for everyone with the same issue?"

Spotify support agent replied: "Yes, that is correct. Through the re-installation, you will be able to get the updated version of the app."

I therefore suggest you go to Spotify https://support.spotify.com/uk/contact-spotify-support/ like I did and see if they can help.

Thanks for your reply, but I actually did exactely that, but did not solve the issue... I wait untill tomorrow and check again. I still can listen to music, so that's still great! 🙂

Removing the application and then installing it again did the trick for me, although I installed the same version. I didn't clean anything at all in between (user data, preferences...).

Let's hope the friends activity doesn't go away again one of these days.

BTW this is for linux, I don't know if that solves the problem in windows too.

Regards

We, windows users, still have this problem. There is another more recent topic with this issue and reinstaling didn't do the trick. The problem came back some minutes ago.

Just saw this as well. I don't use facebook. This makes me... sad.

Did these **bleep** really do this? Can someone with Spotify please verify whether or not this is the case? This is certainly the last straw for me after removing messaging. 

I was having this issue too and I only now managed to fix it. 

I'm guessing the recent update glitched the friends feed for a lot of people. The only way I managed to fix mine was to unfriend my friends, exit the app, then add them all again. It's a huge pain, but it's fixed now, and none of the other fixes I saw, like uninstalling and reinstalling, worked for me.

Good luck! It's a frustrating little glitch, but let me know if this works for anyone else.

It took a while, but it seems that it's slowly coming back to normal.

I did nothing and my two friends are already in the list again.

So while some glitch may have been responsible for hiding our friends activities, it still seems to be the case that the only way to add new friends is through Facebook - is this the way it is intended to be? In the past it was clearly possible to add friends using their Spotify username else I wouldn't have certain friends already in the activity list.

Honestly I don't think it has much to do with Facebook right now. While I was trying to fix mine I randomly added a bunch of people directly from Spotify who didn't have their facebook name set up, and you can tell because Spotify accounts connected to Facebook show their first and last name. Anyway the friendlist worked fine for me after adding a bunch of rando's, but strangely it didn't include my old friend on the activity feed, leading me to think that this whole thing was just some temporary bug.

My feed is completely normal now, a day later, is anybody else still having issues?

Suggested posts