Friend Feed not Updating

Friend Feed not Updating

batbutt
Visitor

Hello, I have Spotify premium and am using it on Desktop for Windows 10 and am having the issue of being unable to see Friend Feed Activity. I tried following some other posts for their solutions but nothing has worked. I have version 1.1.51.382.g8e3b11ed.

I've tried unfollowing, refollowing, uninstalling, reinstalling, logging out, restarting the PC, and nothing has worked. The first time I uninstalled and reinstalled I had a glimmer of hope when Friend Activity suddenly popped up and said it was loading before it disappeared and was covered up by "See what your friends are playing". 

Any help would be appreciated, please and thank you. 

3 Replies

Re: Friend Feed not Updating

Alex

Hi there @batbutt,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try to switch off/on the setting Show friend activity under Display Options

Note that if your friends have turned on Private listening or have switched off Show my listening activity you won't be able to see what they're listening to.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

blandcrowder

That is the obvious solution, but it does not solve the problem on my computer. And there is no way all my friends have suddenly switched to private listening. I have clicked and unclicked and restarted and logged out and logged in and uninstalled and reinstalled, and nada. 

Is there a glitch in the latest update? This happened within the last week or 10 days. Thank you.

Mihail

Hey @blandcrowder,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far, but to be sure that we're on the same page - did you use these steps for a clean reinstall? They are more thorough than a regular one. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If that doesn't fix things, it would help us pinpoint the root cause of the issue if you could log in on another device or use a friend or family members account and see how the Friend Feed comes up there.

Keep us posted, we'll keep an eye out for your reply.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
SUGGESTED POSTS