Free

Country

Italy

Device

Asus pc F550C

Operating System

Windows 8

My Question or Issue

In the last 7/8 months my friends feed cant'update. None of my friends appear on the feed, but they are only in the following list. Yesterday I tried to disintstall and then reinstall Spotify on dekstop. Now Spotify is updated, but Radio still doesn't work, neither friends feed , it only says "find your friends" and then shows me my fb friends list, but it can't update. Moreover, it can't load the art cover of the playlists and albums. I saw the thread about the hosts file solution, but Spotify didn't add any line on my hosts file. How can i solve the problem? Thank you:(

5 Replies

Hey @blueonyx, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I'd recommend to check this Spotify Answer regarding your issue.

In the hosts file, try to add the lines mentioned in that article and save the changes.

Hope it helps 🙂

Hi, I tried the solution you mentioned but it doesn't work for me. Moreover, I discovered that Spotify advertisement (which generally starts between two songs) can't load too, and I can't listen to music anymore because it stopped. Artworks can't load, radio doesn't work, neither friends feed. How can I contact Spotify assistence? Anyway, thanks a lot!

Hey @blueonyx,

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Once more I've just tried to disinstall and then reinstall Spotify, but nothing has changed:(  O.S. is Windows 8.1 Spotify version: 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b

Thank you

Hey @blueonyx.

Spotify's aware of this issue with the app and is currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where they'll gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. Spotify will try to get this sorted as soon as possible.

Have a nice day! 🙂

Suggested posts