Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So my friend activity is blank after the recent update. Where the friend activity should be, it just says "Connect with Facebook." When I click that, it shows facebook friends, but no longer displays friend activity. 

How do I fix this? It seems to happen after every update. 

8 Replies

Is anyone else having this problem? Are there fixes?

I'm having the exact same problem. I tried going to Facebook and re-enabling access to Spotify because Facebook had auto-disabled, and all that did was show me my friends list instead of being blank. Prior to yesterday, I was able to see what my friends were listening to.

UPDATE: It somehow fixed itself, I just closed the friends activity tab and restarted my Spotify app and it worked.

Hey folks,

For anybody still experiencing this, we'd recommend toggling Show Friend activity on/off:

1. Click Settings.
  2. Under Display Options, switch Show Friend Activity on (green), or off (gray).

Also make sure that your Spotify desktop window is at least 1190 pixels wide. You may need to zoom in/out to adjust this.

@Grantrants, if this is happening after every update of the app, there might be cache issues on your system. Try running a clean reinstall of the app, by following the steps in this Spotify guide exactly.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Well, that worked. Thank you!

Thanks

Hi @Grantrants

Fantastic news! If you ever need anything else, we're just a post away. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello! I am having a similar issue, though it is not from a recent update.

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I recently tried to connect my facebook account to my spotify app/desktop app. Initially I was getting an error message, but now the panel on the right on my desktop app shows "You have 0 friends on spotify" which I know to be incorrect. My  Facebook settings show that Spotify has access to my friends list etc so how can I make my friend activity visible on Spotify? I have tried clearing out the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling a clean version of the desktop app onto my Windows 10 computer and no luck. Please recommend a solution! 

How do I fix this? It seems to happen after every update. 

Hey @mars3108,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you try to logout of the desktop app and disconnect Facebook from your account for a minute? Reconnect Facebook afterwards and use Facebook as login. Did it help?

Here is how to reconnect Facebook.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts