Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friends cant see my activity and option for it resets

Friends cant see my activity and option for it resets

Ive tried restarting my PC and spotify client but basically the problem is that my friends cant see me on their friend activity or any of the songs i listen to. When i checked settings i saw the "Publish my activity on Spotify" option off, and turned it on. Then i noticed every time i closed the client completely that option would turn itself off again (I was closing the client because even with this option turned on my friends couldn't see me). So just hoping there is a fix, if not ill just probably resort to a clean reinstall.

4 Replies

Hey @Domiman, welcome to the community!

Right now, the friend activity isn't updated in real time, so your friends might not see you online as you're streaming music.

About the "Publish my activity on Spotify" option not staying on, our team is looking into it as we speak. For any updates, head to this post.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

So why friends activity function isn't real-time?

Will this function go back one day?

Thx

Having the same issue recently. Used to work flawlessly and show what my co-workers were listening to, in real-time. 

Temporary fix is to "unfollow all" then "follow all" again. It will show activity again for a bit. 

Hey folks!

You'll find all the info on the thread I linked above.

Fingers crossed this'll be fixed soon.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts