Friends who listen to an artist gone?

40 people liked this

Friends who listen to an artist gone?

connor32
Casual Listener

Hi there, 

Spotify used to show which of my friends had recently listened to an artist on that artist's page, in both the Windows desktop app and the iPhone app. I found this really useful, if, for example, I was trying to recruit people to go to a concert with. It seems to have disappeared. I've checked bands I know my friends listen to, and even clicked on artists in the right scrollbar, that spotify shows me my friends have just listened to.

Has this feature been eliminated (if so, boo!) or just moved somewhere that I can't find?

Thanks for your help.

17 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: Friends who listen to an artist gone?

Alfredo
Roadie

Hey @connor32!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Right now, this feature has been removed from the Spotify app. But don't worry, we'll let the right folks know you miss it.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if anything else comes up.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp
9 people liked this

Re: Friends who listen to an artist gone

connor32
Casual Listener
Ah, bummed to hear that. Hopefully they see the light and bring it back
8 people liked this

Re: Friends who listen to an artist gone

miriweinh

Same here, really miss it. Please bring it back!

12 people liked this

whdpdus

Yes, please bring it back.

This feature helped me to find the right buddy, or even reach out to a friend whom I haven't spoken in years to see if they'd be willing to go to a concert with me!

But now, with the feature gone, I'm not even sure how to start looking for a friend in an effective, productive way.

Thanks!

5 people liked this

collinwr
Casual Listener

I was a fan of this feature as well!

5 people liked this

collinwr
Casual Listener

Using this to find friends to go to concerts with is a great idea!

10 people liked this

theb1gone

Not sure what the logic behind removing it in the first place was... Seems like a great social feature, one of the few 'social' features I actually used in Spotify. Please bring it back.

7 people liked this

bernardoliz

Bring it back guys, it was a great tool!!!

6 people liked this

Chum_Bucket
Casual Listener

It really is laughable to say "We'll continue putting energy into new ways of sharing music discoveries with your friends on Spotify." - from  this reply when Spotify has seemingly add zero new useful ways of sharing music in the last 5 years, and in fact only subtracted features that encourage the sharing and discovery of music. The one feature they added being a bastardized version of QR codes. You know how when you want to share a song with someone across town, or in another state it's really easy to uhhh...share QR codes(??)

SUGGESTED POSTS