Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Frozen Black screen when exiting

Frozen Black screen when exiting

Hello

When i click File - Exit. Spotify freezes up and becomes a black screen that over views everything else. So far it has happen twice in this past week. It also seems to have happen when I queue up around 20 songs before exitring. It is a bit frustraing becuse obviously those queue songs are wiped gone the next time I boot spotify up if this problem occured prior to.  When this does happen it also spikes up my cpu usage by a lot, and the black screen blocks every thing that I have on my monitor.

Could some one explain why this happening?

5 Replies

Hello!

This sounds strange, the client shouldn't be doing that. What version of Spotify are you using? To find out, Click "Help" and then click "About Spotify"

Have you tried reinstalling the program? 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

Version 0.9.11.27 And yes I am still getting this problem after re-installing the program

Have you tried instead just logging out of the app and then exiting the app afterwards, does the same thing happen? I kind of myself have gotten into the habit of always logging out of the desktop app when shutting down my pc. Since logging out and back in forces an app refresh. Ohh also which Windows OS are you running as well just in case it is some unusual bug that someone can try and reproduce on another similar system.

Win 7. Also signing out did not seem to have work, but It does seem to have happen less often. Although it does still show the black screen that covers the screen, my queue does save when doing so.

Sounds like you might have an issue with your video driver. The issue previously was just black areas in the app itself and using tags within the program.exe loading solved some of the issues. The other work around was to check and see if their video drivers needed updated you might check and see if a video driver update fixes this issue. You might post your specs of your video card and/or on board video port and driver information to see if someone with a test machine can reproduce this issue.

Suggested posts