Full Song not playing from Playlists

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada 

Operating System

(Windows 10, Web Player, Android) 

My Question or Issue

Today whenever i listen to a play lists songs are not playing all the way through. 

If a song is 4 minutes long at the 3:20 mark it will jump into the next song but that new song will start 18 seconds into it. This happens on the Web Player, Windows 10 Desktop App and Android App. This is definly something on Spotifys side 

Other quirks

- When selecting the song it will show the full length for a split second then change to a lower time

- When trying to manually go to the point that was skipped, it will just skip the next song

- Crossfade is turned off. Tried turning it on and back off but that does nothing

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yeah, it seems like Spotify enabled this for Playlists they look after. Some of the dance ones have crossfade too - and it overrides local crossfade settings. It's awful. That's great that they want to do that, and that some users might like it. All i want is the abilty to disable it on my devices.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @zoso_03,

thanks for posting in the community !

Please perform a full reinstall of the app.

When you're finished, hit your settings section, click advanced settings and uncheck "Hardware Acceleration".

Restart the app and check if it works.

Let me know how you did 😃

Hello, 

No luck. Did the reinstall as well as the new update and disabled the Hardware acceleration but it still happens. 

I took some videos of whats happening. 

On this one you can see the end time keeps changing, it will drop in length

This one, i added the song to my song list and you can see on that list the time is fine but in the playlist it's off by over a minute

So I noticed it's mainly with the I love my '90s Hip-Hop playlist, i wonder if these cuts are on purpose

I downloaded the Playlist, put myself in offline mode and the songs play properly so it's only happening when playing online

Marked as solution

Yeah, it seems like Spotify enabled this for Playlists they look after. Some of the dance ones have crossfade too - and it overrides local crossfade settings. It's awful. That's great that they want to do that, and that some users might like it. All i want is the abilty to disable it on my devices.

This has got to be one of the stupides things i've ever seen. Why would they force this on users?  Give the option to use it or not thats all it takes. Instead it makes it real pain in the **bleep** to explore music. 

Whats funny this doesn't apply when you listen to the playlists offline only while online. 

Suggested posts