Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Fullscreen feature removed

Solved!

Fullscreen feature removed

So I noticed recently that the album art fullscreen feature was removed on the desktop app. I spoke to a rep and they told me the feature had been removed from the app. Really hoping they bring this back because I used this a lot, it was one of my favorite features about the desktop app and it seems strange to remove it.

Plan

Premium Family

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So I learned after this that I wasn’t getting the option because I had switched to a family plan, and for some reason this removed the feature. Tested with several different accounts on the same version and the ones with an individual premium all had it and no others did. 

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hey @undeadchase,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Spotify is often testing and this means you might see something different on the app, or get different features to try only temporarily. It'd be great for you to check this Spotify Answer for more info about test features.

Regarding this, there's a Community Idea suggesting the option to allow switching between the previous and the current look of your Desktop app. You can take a look at it here if you'd like to know more. Make sure to add your +VOTE as well as subscribe to stay up-to-date with all the related developments.

Hope you'll find this helpful. Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I just received this update, and I found this thread to also find an answer for why the fullscreen feature was removed. I am also a user who used it, and I am quite sad to see it go. I'm on version 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1-a
Please bring back fullscreen.

Yes, could you please return this option? I checked my settings but there is no option to bring it back. Why did you implement this?

Hi there @cybersteel8 and @touwtje,

Thank you for your posts in this thread. We just came across this thread.

Can you provide us a screenshot so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi,

It seems like the other two users have not answered yet so I have decided to provide a screenshot. 

The bottom bar used to have an option where users could like super fullscreen the app to only show the cover photo and title of the current song that they are listening to. Now, this has apparently been removed from the web player and desktop app. I am dumbfounded by why Spotify would remove such a useful feature from these platforms.

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-02-06 10.13.15 PM.png

Hi there @Jamesidkk,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know what happens when you press the button I've marked in red? I think this should turn on full screen mode.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hi, thanks for the fast response.

The button that you have circled is the Picture in Picture button. When I press it, the cover photo will just become something like a popup like what you see in the screenshot.

Thanks 🙂

Screenshot 2023-02-09 8.10.34 PM.png

Hey @Jamesidkk,

Thanks for the screenshot and apologies for the confusion.

The fullscreen feature is only available for Premium users so if you're not seeing it and you're currently on free, this is the most likely culprit.

We hope this helps. Let us know if there's anything else.

MihailYModerator

I'm on premium and I have no popup button or full screen button on desktop. 

Who has asked for this to be removed? Where are the votes? What are you doing Spotify? 😥

Hey @mikkeee,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. This indeed sounds odd and we'll do our best to help you. 

We'd suggest that you ask a friend or a family member, who has Spotify Premium account to log in on your desktop device to check if they'll be able to see the full screen option.

If you still don't see the button, we'd appreciate it if you try performing a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

On another note, could you please let us know if you're able to see the full screen button when using Spotify Web Player with your account? 

Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator

I'm in the same boat. Loved the full screen option and now it's gone. I also don't like how the album artwork is either so small you can't see it, or it now covers part of your screen... 

This thing got out from my Spotify as well. Premium.

That's a good way to improve product with price increase, right? Next remove heart...

Full screen mode came back with recent update. Thank you.

Spotify – Windows (64 bit)
1.2.17.834.g26ee1129

Marked as solution

So I learned after this that I wasn’t getting the option because I had switched to a family plan, and for some reason this removed the feature. Tested with several different accounts on the same version and the ones with an individual premium all had it and no others did. 

o botão de tela cheia do aplicativo no computador sumiu

Suggested posts