Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Fullscreen now shows the artist's photo, not the album art?

Fullscreen now shows the artist's photo, not the album art?

Fullscreen doesn't show the album art big, just the artist's image? How do I fill a screen with the album art in fullscreen like I used to do?

And you can't adjust the volume in full screen?

38 Replies

This is what Spotify support said after I messaged about not being able to control volume or music slider in fullscreen:

"Okay, I found the issue here. It sounds like you’re seeing one of a few changes we’ve made to Spotify recently and this includes the removal of the full screen mode on the desktop app.

As we continue to build and improve our user experience across platforms, this update is intended to address listener feedback around usability and navigation - bringing the Desktop and Web experiences simpler than ever before."

Basically, it's removed. All you see is the picture and music player for duration, skip, and pause.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it on to the right teams, as we always strive to improve your experience. 

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away.

Have a good one 🙂

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, yes please update this to at least include the option how it was before to show album cover in full screen and not some artist photo with tiny album cover.. I use laptop screen + 2 external screens at work, and kind of liked to have the album cover on full screen on the laptop screen, now this is not working anymore.. Might sound a bit superficial, but I always liked the album art on vinyls so its a part of the album I think, therefore want to see it in full size while listening 😉

Thanks in advance!
Oliver

Hi there @Vritra,

Thank you for your reply and feedback in this thread.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks, I don't know why they can't just say "we removed it."

Did you get feedback from users saying I no longer want to see the album artwork in a larger format and I would rather see an image of the artist? Did anyone test this or is this the test? I think the artwork was too small to begin with, it should be as large as possible with volume, progress and a ... for other options like add to playlist, etc. Thanks! 🙂

Hey @mikkeee,

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I didn't like this at all. Spotify leave things as they were

In full screen dissaperars the name of artist, album art, all in 3 seconds. I do not like. Spotify, eliminates this feature.

Hey! I especially created a community Account just for this, finding this thread right before I was about to write the support.

Please at least give us the possibility to change the preferences like on for example IOS when you introduced the animated Videos on some songs. There you could just deactivate the animation to your need.

I just want the Album Cover to be displayed centered like before with nothing special around it, enjoying the Cover Art in High Definition like you can still do on iPad.
The Idea with Artist pictures is great but has to, like everything, slowly adapt. Artist who don't have a Picture end up with nothing showing after a few seconds in fullscreen but for these three seconds at least in a weird half full screen, that should be seen as a bug !

this for 3 seconds when no artist picture, almost looking like before update.png
after three seconds theres this?!.png

Completely agree with this. The change makes viewing full screen is worthless as most artists I listen to don't appear to have an image that Spotify will display, hence I just get a blank screen for many of the tracks.

Agree with the above, why change the fullscreen so it with no exception or settings times out to a artist picture with no information and controls? did Spotify get requests for this? really?  

Because og this change, the monitor where I have spotify in fullscreen is now mostly blank!

since a lot of artists I play have no artist picture or it's too dark. Some have a picture of flowers.. it does not tell me what song (and artist really, I have huge playlists- I don't know everyone by artist picture) that is playing. I also enjoy seeing the album artwork as the song play.

Spotify programmers, moderators and others involved in changes. Please don't fix what's not broken. By the amount f feedback you have all had with this so called improvement, go back to how it was. And moderators, please read the posts. A lot of your replies are extremely similar, which makes me suspect perhaps "bots" are doing some of the replies. Its people like us that keep Spotify going, by paying our monthly fees, so listen to us, or you may find people leave and go to other services.

Seriously, who thought this was a good idea? Please bring back album art and text in full screen mode. This is completely useless as it is.

So I got fed-up and made my own screen using DakBoard  which is exactly how it should be, this also looks great in a browser on my smart TV while playing through my Sonos system (using Spotify app on TV loses fidelity so I stream directly to Sonos and use this for my album art now) ...

2021-09-17_9-24-57.jpg

Another example ... 

20210917_175432.jpg

Bruh I want to see the album cover not someone's  face. I hate how Spotify handled it too. A simple "we strive for the best" and that was it....

Spotify still has not changed the feature.

Suggested posts