Premium

Country

Mexico 

Device

Dell Inpiron Gaming and a S8

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

How can I get rid of ratings to songs in my playlist? So I can really shuffle my playlist and not be listenig a lot more often to the ones with more stars. My playlist is a very big one, and growing, that I would like to really shuffle for listenig at home and in my taxi without being paying attention to manage music.

3 Replies

Hey @Alrixa.

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community! We're here to help 🙂

I'm not quite sure what you mean, since it is currently not possible to rate songs on Spotify. Other users on the Community have suggested the idea (see here), but Spotify has decided not to implement it for the time being.

Would you mind sending us a screenshot to show us what you mean? 

Thanks 🙂

HI Peter, thanks for answering.

Since it is not possible to rate songs in Spotiofy, does it mean all the songs play randomly in any given playlist? I mean, the more listened songs play as often as the less listened ones? That for me is the real meaning of 'shuffle' your playlist. 🙂 I hope this is a little clearer for you.

Hey @Alrixa.

Thanks for your question.

Yes, that is correct: the number of times you've listened to a song in a playlist you've created shouldn't affect the shuffle function, in other words, you shouldn't hear it more often than any of the other songs in that playlist.

If you are listening to Spotify-created playlists, then you will notice that if you "heart" or "ban" songs in that playlist, you will hear the songs you "heart" more often than the rest. This is a feature which Spotify is currently testing to allow users to make their playlists more personal.

Hope that clears things up!

Suggested posts