Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Give us YOUR feedback - Spotify

Solved!

Give us YOUR feedback - Spotify

I have been starting to visit this forum since the awful release of 0.8.8 when things started spiraling downwards for this service. There's a lot of threads with people unsatisfied with the changes and updates(?) you have done recently. They just add up day after day. I see the common answer "I have escalated this to our incompetent developers and... things.." and also "Try a clean reinstallation".

For the reinstallation sollution, I must say that there is quite hard to do so when your client software is so awfully full of *bleep*, bugs and *bleep* up features that my computer would like to take its own life!!

You ask for our feedback regarding version 0.9.0 but that seems to be it. You don't tell us anything. We have no idea about how things are going, how the people at Spotify reasons, whats coming next, which bugs you have started(if you will ever do?) working on solving etc etc.. I remember the hype when Spotify was introduced to STREAM MUSIC. What have become of that? What's up with the socializing features? Don't we have other services for that?!?!?!?! You will probably soon add the feature to play facebook games so you can f*ck up your service with more bugs and unwanted features. You scale down good features regarding music to add useless socializing/follow features... Provide us music AND DO IT GOOD!! We got other services for socializing...!

You where a kind of pioneer in this area, now your like a cheap whore walking the street...

WHY don't YOU people at Spotify come here AND GIVE US, the USERS, your own feedback so we know HOW IT IS GOING?!?! Why don't you just WRITE A FEW LINES each day so the USERBASE know where you're at?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Benkaboi,

I'm sorry that you feel we haven't been doing the best job at communicating with you.

Unfortunately there's no way to prove that you're being listened to and your feedback is getting passed on. You'll have to take our word for it. And we'll try to be as open as we can with things the other way.

Hopefully I'll be able to add some new information to the Feedback thread soon. You deserve to know what we're changing, based on your feedback, as we did before.

I'd love to be able to write "a few lines each day" but it's better if we do this in bigger steps, rather than dribs and drabs - in my opinion. A single post of "we're changing this" would only get buried beyond new users and angry "but what about X!!" posts.

I totally appreciate that we're making a lot of changes right now, and that can mean a period of adjustment whilst we smooth things out. That means we're having to ask a lot of patience from you - and we appreciate that.

Please don't think you're being ignored or forgotten. We're still here, and listening. We've always got our users in mind.

Thanks.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

38 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey Benkaboi,

I'm sorry that you feel we haven't been doing the best job at communicating with you.

Unfortunately there's no way to prove that you're being listened to and your feedback is getting passed on. You'll have to take our word for it. And we'll try to be as open as we can with things the other way.

Hopefully I'll be able to add some new information to the Feedback thread soon. You deserve to know what we're changing, based on your feedback, as we did before.

I'd love to be able to write "a few lines each day" but it's better if we do this in bigger steps, rather than dribs and drabs - in my opinion. A single post of "we're changing this" would only get buried beyond new users and angry "but what about X!!" posts.

I totally appreciate that we're making a lot of changes right now, and that can mean a period of adjustment whilst we smooth things out. That means we're having to ask a lot of patience from you - and we appreciate that.

Please don't think you're being ignored or forgotten. We're still here, and listening. We've always got our users in mind.

Thanks.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

"We've always got our users in mind." - May I ask if we where in your minds when you rolled out 0.8.8? Did you completely forget us when you rolled out 0.9.0?

"I totally appreciate that we're making a lot of changes right now, and that can mean a period of adjustment whilst we smooth things out." - If the changes you are talking about is what you have done with Spotify and what it is about to become then I feel that this is a lost cause. Apperantly people wish you to add features including socializing with that, follow that, advertise us garbage we don't want though we pay for the service and THOSE features seem to be no problem to add. Solving the cache problem, problems with sorting the lists, how long now? Two weeks for the cache and like months for the sorting problem. Even though, you keep on shipping more garbage with the service? This is a sign that you actually don't give a darn about us as a userbase if our concerns doesn't fit your plans. I have even heard from friends that are'nt even that into technicalities complain about what have become of the service and that's a sign that you have *bleep* up badly..

You make changes to the gui so that you can fit other languages into it, making it look like utter *bleep*. You can make this change for such a small part of the spotify users, why can't you make changes that count for the people here that actually cares?!

From management's point of view, I'm sure Richard's answer was perfect.

From an end user's point of view, Richard's answer tells us nothing.

@smelico wrote:

I think it tells us an enormous amount. It tells us that there are more big changes coming. Forget going back to a native client with music at it's heart. This is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. What's coming next is a bad version of Facebook integrated with Daytime Radio with Advertising spat at you from all directions. That message is coming through loud and clear. Spotify - we are listening. And everyone on these boards hates what they hear. Many have jumped ship already (myself included), and many more will follow. The music lover is no longer a welcome customer for Spotify. They dont even want your money any more.

I have had so many unique issues with Spotify the last few months that I'm probably going to jump ship. Being a computer expert I chase things around on my end and still nothing. Try reinstalling, clearing cache the whole nine yards. Yet I post the issue and all I get from the mods are "check out this topic that tells you to do everything you have already done!"

Quite frankly if I see anymore unresovable issues I'm done with Spotify, I'll just use my local music collection and go back to the old fashioned way of transferring songs to my iPhone via USB cable.

@smelico wrote:

I think it tells us an enormous amount. It tells us that there are more big changes coming. Forget going back to a native client with music at it's heart. This is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. What's coming next is a bad version of Facebook integrated with Daytime Radio with Advertising spat at you from all directions. That message is coming through loud and clear. Spotify - we are listening. And everyone on these boards hates what they hear. Many have jumped ship already (myself included), and many more will follow. The music lover is no longer a welcome customer for Spotify. They dont even want your money any more.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I agree 100% with Gabhan. I came to this forum to complain at the beginning of February and was fortunate enough to be able to downgrade almost immediately to 0.8.5 where i have remained. It is obvious from the complaints and comments coming since that very little action has been taken to sort out and improve the service. If anything it seems to be worse. Spofify is going along its own sweet way with no thought for it's unhappy customers at all it seems. It's their way or the highway. Well as i'm sure they will soon see by their bottom line the only highway will unfortunately have them on it eventually. Sad that such a brilliant service has got itself in such a state and seems blind to its fate. 

@BigKev57 wrote:

Sad that such a brilliant service has got itself in such a state and seems blind to its fate. 

I think more 'Thelma and Louise' than 'Dumb and Dumber'. They have embarked on this journey, and as far as they are concerned there's no turning back. Full speed ahead over the cliff! Maybe there'll be a matress at the bottom. Or maybe just sharp rocks!!!

Richard wrote:

Hey Benkaboi,

Sure there's a way to prove it - bring back the features that were taken away for no reason that people actually used and weren't really complaining about, and also make the interface not look like crap.

Just change your original post and it won't get lost.  I know people will still have to check the original post, but I personally do so to see if there are changes, so hopefully other people are too.  At least it's better than trying to dig through dozens or hundreds of posts.

I don't think this is entirely true.  Otherwise so many features people use would not have been removed accidentally or intentionally, especially the latter.  Some are possibly bugs (although with limited feedback and only getting release notes recently, who knows), but it seems like at least a couple features were removed purposely. I'm not sure if they thought no one was using them, or they wanted to phase them out, or the architecture changes made it difficult to maintain, but I don't accept any of these reasons and if they hadn't become so out of touch with their users it wouldn't be a problem

I just want spotify to load and work ..... right now the 9.0 will not do even that for me.  I really miss the old native app now. Seriously SPOTIFY jumped the shark on these so called upgrades.

I bet this is what is about to happen. They are in such a rush now making the client less customizable, less userfriendly and they gonna add such loads of garbage to it that gonna turn it into an AIO twitter, facebook, radio thingy where you can play facebook games AND you gonna have to see adds in the client though you pay for the service.

My friend said that some spotify person said something at the news about that paying customers need to get something extra for paying so it makes it worth it. WELL HOW ABOUT A WORKING SERVICE!!?!?!??!?!?!??!?! HOW ABOUT IT?!??!?! We probably gonna get some worthless socializing feature that gonna feel like a complete kick to the face!!!! We aren't told anything about what's about to come! There's just a lot of exciting things coming up you say. FOR WHOM, SPOTIFY? FOR WHOM?! Is it really for the customers and users or is it only meant for Spotify's shareholders to enjoy? I sincerly wonder....

>>>>>> "It gonna take some time to smooth things out" <<<<<< IT HAVE TAKEN LONG ENOUGH!!! 
We aren't supposed to pay for being your beta testers!

My subscription ends on May 8th unless a miracle happens regarding the service but I really think that the train have left the station for you on that point. I have been a premium user for more than 3 years straight at this point and I really had bigger thoughts and hopes about Spotify but apperantly I was awfully wrong.

I think you have become to big for your own good. You have come to the point where you think that you can do whatever you want and everyone just gonna swallow it and if we don't like it, well, to hell with us.

I actually went through the idea reviews and I was supprised that I didn't really find any ideas that came near to represent what you have done with Spotify recently. Writing a fancy idea review for the people at the community that, as I have understood it, have no real way to talk to the developers or management, can only pass things through to them, can't tell us how things are going, well this isn't gonna do us any good.

I might sound extremely bitter but the feeling of being tricked, fooled and lately really friggin kicked in the face makes me write all this in anger. I actually built a big part of my musicsphere around this service but I have now learnt from this mistake. By letting you rely upon another part to handle how I access my music and the software that comes with it will only backfire on oneself in a bad way. I had the thought that Spotify might actually be different here but no they're not. It is only for the $$ nowdays not your passion for music that you made us believe you had.

I am so very dissapointed at Spotify. You are selling yourself cheap and you don't even care anymore..

f*ck this piece of ****.

and that's all I have to say.

How about it Spotify???? How about some feedback from YOU?????????????????????????????????????

THE FORCED DOWNGRADE TO THIS NEW GARBAGE SOFTWARE IS TOTAL BS. 

NOT ANOTHER DIME TO SPOTIFY.

I couldn't find where to leave feedback so I hope this is the place. Anyway I think you guys are doing a fantastic job. I mean come on most of the music from any genre, com'n. Awesome.  And now LED FRICKIN ZEP  and Metallica. IS the BEATLES next????? Even Frank ZAPPA is here!!!!!!!! Hey I like Discover, I try to know everythink but I can't, I have found some great bands thanks to Spotify. God bless Spotify.

I too think you guys have done a phenomenal job. I can certainly understand users frustrations when things aren't working, It is a little difficult to find you way around, but the support (once found, and understood) has been top notch. I also love the fact that with this free service, there are clients are available for just about anything anyone is running. I don't work for Spotify, nor pay the subscription (if I had the money I would though). I'm a noob to the community, and are a noticing a ton of hostility from end users, it is a bit concerning.

Sorry for rambling, I'll stop now.. 🙂

When you add a song to "Your music > Songs", the album is added to "Your music > Albums" and when you remove anything from any of those lists, it affects the other. If I like a song, it does NOT mean I like the album and I might want to have some albums in that list to check out but I do NOT want my Songs list to be cluttered with all the songs from those albums.

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that the album "Haydée" from the artist: Haydée Milanés, year: 2004 has serious mistakes on the songs metadata. I´ve been reading about all the issues you are having in order to be able to fix this and I know your limitations. Just wanted to let you know since it is a very famous album and probably people won´t play it more since they can´t find the actual songs following your titles.

Thanks a lot...and also thanks for existing and working so hard to keep this huge project alive and growing.

Rodik

Hey Sprotify-Team

I really like Spotify. It is in my eyes a real good instrument to listen good known music and new music/performers. It changed my music experience!

But I have two requests. Maybe it is fullfilled in any way but I am not study tools, I just use them.

1. Links to concerts clode to my local position. Tipps for that would be great.

2. possibility to spend some money to support my favourite artists. I thought that I would spend some money for albums, but in the end I didn`t that much. So, giving some "more" money for this pleasure to know new artists and appreciation for thier work would be great!

Let me know your thoughts or already existing solutions. Thanks!

Cheers

Hi

I am listening a play list called greatest guitar solos. Also all my own playlist consist of some kind of rock. So why do I get comercials on Top 20 , pop albums and that kind of stuff. I dont care if Rihanna are issuing a new single. This is wasted money for your sponsors.

U need to compare comersials towards what people are listen to.

Suggested posts