Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Give us YOUR feedback - Spotify

Solved!

Give us YOUR feedback - Spotify

I have been starting to visit this forum since the awful release of 0.8.8 when things started spiraling downwards for this service. There's a lot of threads with people unsatisfied with the changes and updates(?) you have done recently. They just add up day after day. I see the common answer "I have escalated this to our incompetent developers and... things.." and also "Try a clean reinstallation".

For the reinstallation sollution, I must say that there is quite hard to do so when your client software is so awfully full of *bleep*, bugs and *bleep* up features that my computer would like to take its own life!!

You ask for our feedback regarding version 0.9.0 but that seems to be it. You don't tell us anything. We have no idea about how things are going, how the people at Spotify reasons, whats coming next, which bugs you have started(if you will ever do?) working on solving etc etc.. I remember the hype when Spotify was introduced to STREAM MUSIC. What have become of that? What's up with the socializing features? Don't we have other services for that?!?!?!?! You will probably soon add the feature to play facebook games so you can f*ck up your service with more bugs and unwanted features. You scale down good features regarding music to add useless socializing/follow features... Provide us music AND DO IT GOOD!! We got other services for socializing...!

You where a kind of pioneer in this area, now your like a cheap whore walking the street...

WHY don't YOU people at Spotify come here AND GIVE US, the USERS, your own feedback so we know HOW IT IS GOING?!?! Why don't you just WRITE A FEW LINES each day so the USERBASE know where you're at?

38 Replies

How about a place to provide feedback that is easier than searching on internet and having to post publicly in the community?

Feedback is ... the quality seems t/b dropping and the ads are clearly getting more annoying, as obviously intended.  The recent cat ad was the motivation i needed to start looking for other options.  You've clealry lost your way ... its a shift in strategy and one that lets me know, i'm wanted ... but only to the extent i'm willing to pay, and that my belonging to spotify for ad revenue isn't working for you. 

I really like the functionality, etc... but not up for the subscrption $ at that point in time .... so gotta explore other free options.  😞

your cats playing ping pong and other ads do not bother me at all if that was your intention. quite the opposite, they are a welcome break from the music, taking headphones off, having a strech and getting a new coffee. keep them coming. i guess your childish attemps to get my money that way have totally failed.

as for your premium... i tried it a little while and after experiencing your 'connect' feature which activated my mobile at full volume and your unprofessional notifications about some insignificant playlist changes, which both cannot be disabled, i immediatly cancelled premium and enjoyed a full month for free. as a paying premium user i and i alone decide which feauteres i want to have activated and which not. you do not offer that for your subscribers. unprofessional.

as long as it's free i will listen but that is the only reason i will listen. only 25% of your users are paying. through incompetence and not listening to 75% free users you will only have those 25% once you make your services available only for subscribers. the free users will join other free services or subscribe to others. then let's see how many weeks you survive. but i guess there is a calculated reason why you keep your services free. not because you are so great, but because you will not survive on a subscription only basis and you know it.

I'm protesting spotify and users of my blog are protesting spotify for their unnecessarily loud ads. The public enemy one is the worst and until this issue stops I nor my bloggers will be using spotify. Turn the noise level down rather than up. My neighbors literally made a noise complaint over that add playing three times in an hour.

Ive been using spotify for a long time now and the only thing that needs changing in my opinion s the volume of the adverts. All that needs to chnage is for the adverts to be played at the same volume as the longs, not at max volume. 

Please let me disable the related music in the bottom right corner. I dont want suggested songs. I want only to shuffle my entire playlist. I made a huge playlist of Deuter, Reiki, Meditation, and Acoustic Guitar , WITH NO VOCALS TO DISTURB MY THOUGHTS, as I try to relax and get to sleep as I mourn my Son's death and get some sleep. but, no you even short play a single track I want to hear and start playing the related suggested songs with sag lyrics so I can lay here an cry instead of sleep.

I pay for my service. Give me what I want or tell me how to get a refund and I will go back to Pandora.

You really suck big time for not putting a simple "NO THANKS" button down in the bottom right hand cormer where you list the related songs and start playing them. and guess what,,,vocals are not related to non vocal instrumentals you hacks.

fix this for me now please or I will blanket the internet with my well justified complaintsl. I was just listening to Deuter and had to be interupted by CROOKED SMILE BY THE WEEPIES AND NOW ANOTHER VOCAL TWO PEOPLE BY ROBBY HECHT. SO GUESS WHAT BECAUSE THE WEEPIES AND ROBBY HECHT JUST WOKE UP MY WIFE WHO WAS SLEEPING PEACEFULLY TO DEUTER, I WILL TOTALLY BOCOTT ROBBY HECHT AND THE WEEPIES FOREVER, IN EVERY WAY

@Richard wrote:

Hey Benkaboi,

I'm sorry that you feel we haven't been doing the best job at communicating with you.

Unfortunately there's no way to prove that you're being listened to and your feedback is getting passed on. You'll have to take our word for it. And we'll try to be as open as we can with things the other way.

Hopefully I'll be able to add some new information to the Feedback thread soon. You deserve to know what we're changing, based on your feedback, as we did before.

I'd love to be able to write "a few lines each day" but it's better if we do this in bigger steps, rather than dribs and drabs - in my opinion. A single post of "we're changing this" would only get buried beyond new users and angry "but what about X!!" posts.

I totally appreciate that we're making a lot of changes right now, and that can mean a period of adjustment whilst we smooth things out. That means we're having to ask a lot of patience from you - and we appreciate that.

Please don't think you're being ignored or forgotten. We're still here, and listening. We've always got our users in mind.

Thanks.

Three years later and this proved to be so much hot air, didn't it?

Follow me

windowsphone- slow lags terrible to use needs update

March 29, 2017

Playlists "removed" from Roku device due to "technical challanges" since "update" two weks ago. See email resonse from Spotify below.

(NOTE to your CEO and web developers >>>> On your HELP web page, might want to “update” your Spotify on Roku page. Currently is says, "*Browse and play your playlists and *Add to existing playlists." Which is now sadly incorrect due to technical challenges  😞 You might want to get the graphic designers on that pronto(slash)two weeks ago.

(*sigh*) It’s hard to believe that this is a “Roku” issue. Probably what happened?... Your CEO (or stock holders) got pissed off at Roku for $$ some $$ reason? “Technical challenges?” Ooooookaaaaay….. It was on there two weeks ago and years before that. 

FYI, my Spotify to Roku is going through my home stereo system and gets the MOST play. So I am kinda sorta really put out by this. And I KNOW I can still “search” on my Roku device (pain in the **bleep**, you know this right!**), but what about my personalized “playlists?” People LOVE to make these, you do understand this? And -duh- I KNOW I can still listen to my playlists on my other devices. LIKE?… Joy! All the other “TV” options listed in your link below (Whom your company $like$** cha ching**)!! Yay capitalism!! (Sorry, I’m a West Coast snark, I know, but… This sucks!) 

Okay… I know you (the person -or machine- responding to me) are a just the messenger (Translation> a powerless, minimum wage-plus employee ordered to send us the pre-fabricated bad news emails from the middle via the top cats), and you probably don’t even truly read these, but?… Really?! No PLAYLIST on Roku! And?… ?… What took so long, after 4 other emails to you, to just now say, “Ya… It’s no longer on there. Sorry”? Naughty, naughty major global corporation, you! ;)-

Well **bleep**. I really, really liked Spotify until two weeks ago. AND I always highly praised its praise to those who were without it. But I will be cancelling my Premium account if this doesn't get resolved soon (as I assume 1000’s and 1000’s of others will). Lesson above on how to annoy and lose customers*

(*Take away one of the most important options -2nd to the search option- on your app and not come out on your web site and explain or admit why, then duck and cover)

On Mar 29, 2017, at 10:07 PM, support@spotify.com wrote:
Hi Bob,

Thanks for writing back and we're very sorry if this has not been resolved in a timely manner. It was never our intention to make things difficult for you.

Due to various technical challenges, the Playlists feature has been removed from the Roku Spotify app.

We do understand your concerns and are working with Roku on how best to move forward with this app. In the meantime, you can search for and play artists, songs and albums, and your playlists are always available on your other devices with our desktop and mobile apps.

There are other ways to listen to Spotify on your TV too. Check out our guide at www.spotify.com/tv.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience this might've brought to you. If there's anything else we can help you with, we're just an email away.

All the best,

Sharmia

Spotify Customer Support

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 12.20.42 AM.png

CAN YOU BRING BACK THE PLAYLISTS SECTION ON ROKU TV AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. ITS THE ONLY REASON WHY I HAVE  PREMIUM ACCOUNT.  

SO FRUSTRATED.

I deleted the app and redownloaded it but when I click the cloud/arrow it appeared to start downloading but in a split of second it changed back to the cloud/arrow again. I did everything. I restarted my ipad and logged out and logged in again in my account but nothing happened. Pls help me with this problem 😭

I love this app but I would like for you to add some songs from current rappers that are on sound cloud. For example some of my fave all time songs, skin, snow, I spoke to the devil in Miami he said everything is fine, and ghost by xxtentacion are all only not on Spotify and me and many of my friends would very much like them to be. Thank you.

You Should be able to like/dislike your friends musical choices give them kudos or send them to an artist you enjoy

I **bleep**ING HATE HATE HOW I CAN BE LISTENING TO A PLAYLIST AND WHEN IT END GET ABSOLUTE **bleep** SHIIIIIIITE MUSIC AFTER THE PLAYLIST ENDS. I KNOW THAT THIS IS YOUR SUPER AWESOME FEATURE THAT YOU THINK IS AWESOME BUT I ALMOST NEVER CHOSES ANYTHING GOOD. **bleep** PANDORA AND **bleep** YOURE SYSTEMATIC CHOICE OF MUSIC. STOP 

Huge fan of continuing the song you're already playing in the iOS app when you play the same song again. I didn't know it was hurting me so much until the pain went away (I mean, I knew, but I didn't REALLY know). I had to figure out how to post my eternal gratitude on this somewhat unwieldy forum but I would do it a again! Thank you, thank you, thank you. QQ

The way the "Rise presents luav" section of if spotify is displayed is really nice and i think it should be the default display of what music is currently playing 

This feature can be turned off in settings mate. You shoudlve looked. Its called auto play

I made my Spotify account in middle school,  which means I have an annoying and slightly embarrassing username that I don't care for anymore and I  would very much like to change it. 

You guys are the best. I haven't had the bad experiences that others have had. I think you have a crack programming staff. This boggles my mind that I have my finger on such a mass inventory of music and the control of it. Keep up the good work!

On the mobile app, why can you not view all of the artists songs on one list? I wanted to find a particular song by Lynyrd Skynyrd but I have no idea what album it is on. You're really going to make me individually click on each of their 50 albums and comb through until I find it? 

Fix that.

Have a button that says view all songs please.

Suggested posts