Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Give us an option to permanetly keep square covers

Give us an option to permanetly keep square covers

The Spotify client UI is getting worse and worse after every update. Now everything is getting infested with the horrendous rounded corners plague, even covers are getting destroyed by the intrusive and uninspired Spotify UI. Please! Stop destroying all covers design with the forced rounded corners. All covers should remain squared as intended by the original designers, at least leave us an option to remove the ridiculous rounded corners on covers.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

9 Replies

Hey there @Paulgi,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of how the album covers show up on your end so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

Also, could you let us know the exact Spotify version of your device?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

All album covers in artists pages and even on my playlists, appear like this now.

Screenshot 2022-02-25 11-48-32.jpg

Hi there @Paulgi,

Thank you for your reply and for the screenshots.

Can you let us know which version of the app you're having?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Spotify for Windows
1.1.79.763.gc2965cdf

Hi @Paulgi,

Thanks for your reply. 

We're sorry to hear you're not enjoying the changes made to the UI of the app. However, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it.

The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I hate everything you have been doing with the UI. I think that you know by now that everybody hates the new UI. So, in this case is not just about taste. The covers every where in the world are designed to be squared, so, now Spotify is not only being incompetent but also abusive when you change the aspect of design that are not yours. Everything in Spotify UI is now completely hateful, you could just spare us from this stupidity of the covers with rounded corners. 😞

I totally agree. I am embedding the spotify player on websites and cannot set the rounded cornders to none any longer (used to be able to do that by adding 0px to the code=. This a great example of how Kindergarden design is forced on us. This lack of control really sucks big time. 

Just imagine a printing press in the 70s decided shaving of corners of client vinyls and CDs, just because some employee though it was a great idea?! That is exactly what Spotify is now doing! Artists are often spending hundreds of dollars on creating cover art designs and Spotify just arbitratily decides to cut off the corners? Great, if they want to do that on their own playlist cover art, but Spotify cannot just alter cover art to their liking, and do so without permission from copyright holders. It's ridiculous and outrages. On top of it all, the rounded corner design was a short lived fling in webdesign years ago. We're all glad it was finally overcome and burried in the anals of design history. Not sure why years later, Spotify is now hopping on a dead trend?? If employees at Spotify feel like they need to add something new, why not change Spotify CI green to orange? Or Pink? Something they will obviously never do right? Spotify, please dont force your hubbly bubbly Kindergarden shapes on an industry standard medium that was and will always be squared! 

Agree 100%. I‘m an artist on Spotify and all cover art just looks childish and soulless now. The artistic effect and the professionalism is just gone. I used to be very fond of the sharp corners, it made Spotify stick out a bit. Now? Just looks sad. If you keep trying to be AppleMusic, people will just download AppleMusic -_-

Suggested posts