Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Give us your feedback - 0.9.0

Solved!

Give us your feedback - 0.9.0

Hey everyone,

Following on from our previous thread on 0.8.8, we've started up this thread to gather feedback from you on 0.9.0.

We want to hear what you love, what you hate, and any other emotions you have towards the app.

You'll find a list of everything that's changed in the app in our release notes hereAnd we'll be keeping this post updated with the changes we're making, along with where you can give us further feedback.

What we've changed:

1. The app should be a lot quicker now. So if you were affected by any slow behaviour previously, this shouldn't be an issue any more.

2. Clicking anywhere in the Now Playing box, rather than just the album art, will bring you straight to the song. This was reported here.

Where you can give us further feedback with your comments and kudos:

1. Change the white interface [we're currently reaching to users about this directly]

2. Changes to the activity feed -

i. Bring back the old activity feed

ii. The Favourites feature

iii.Greater control of content in the feed: 

3. Bring back the total playlst length:

4. Filter option on artist pages

5. Go back to the old artist layout 

6. Ability to view all Facebook friends in the Follow tab:

7. View all playlist followers

8. Block/Remove followers 

9. Separate artists and friends

10. Remove 'who to follow'

11. Revert the font back to the original size (or provide an option to do so)

12. Restore 'View as Album List'

Thanks for all your support. We appreciate that there are a lot of changes going on at the moment and it can be a bumpy road at times. But we're confident that you'll like where we're going.

All your opinions matter and go into making Spotify the best product it can be. Keep it coming!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
920 Replies

The new version is complete garbage and your contempt for your customers is staggering. You took a perfectly good program and destroyed it. What exactly are you trying to achieve? Spotify is now one of the worst pieces of software in history, right up there with Microsoft Bob.

I won't repeat the long list of problems because other people have explained them perfectly well and it's obvious  no one at Spotify can be bothered to seriously listen to anyone here. I post this mainly out of support for the other frustrated angry soon-to-be-ex-users.

This all the more funny with Google All Access knocking at our doors. 

Spotify is swedish garbage just like ikea.

@v0.6.5.2 users

After a day with the older v0.6.5.2 client, it really does seem like it sounds slightly better than the v0.8.5 client I had been using for so long. It seems like the music has less of a harsh digital sound, perhaps because there is less jitter or a better sound decoder. Has anyone else noticed any differences in sound quality?

Also, v0.6.5.2 is quite the pleasure for navigating and listening. It is wicked fast and smooth. It's tragic that Spotify abandoned this wonderful client and put all that embedded web garbage into the client. The buggy, broken and slower-than-crap v0.9.nnn client is a testament to the enormity of the mistake Spotify made going down the "put a browser in the native client" path.

Who is in charge og designs at spotify this days? This person should be kicked out the door ASAP! Every single update adds a new ugly change to the UI. What are you guys thinking ? Why change everything? Do you not realize that the look and feel of the good old classic design is one of the reasons most people love Spotify? You are slowly putting Spotify to the grave if you keep this up. We have only seen the beginning of the streaming era. Spotify are going to loose the battle if you do not listen to what the users want.

Why not make an option to run classic spotify design? Then everybody is happy.

Perfect Spotify! 'sigh'
Did your precious numbers (data) showed you that too many users used 0.8.5, so you had to make them see the "wonder" of the newer versions? Or what happened here exactly? A good idea would have been to first improve the latest versions before you forcing us all to using it.

Where can you find v0.6.5.2?
The previous links doesn't seems to work anymore.

Cant wait to go back to the old version when I get home, much better and intuitive. I hate how related artists go back to "overview" instead of related artists.. get your grip together spotify.

0.8.7 seems to be working ok.

Smash Up The Dancefloor (Drum & Bass)
Fluid Mechanics (Chilled)

I'm not sure this has been mentioned, apologies if it has,  but I miss that it now doesn't show how long a playlist is in minutes, seconds.

I've now blocked my Spotify 0.8.5 using my software firewall in order to stop it from crashing, which works as a temporary solution because luckily I have most my playlists downloaded.  It'll only last for so long though before I have to choose a different option.  I feel like an idiot for not just cancelling my subscription but I still want to give Spotify the chance to fix things with their customers... running their last decent software in the meantime.

I've been running the downgrade fix (to 0.8.5) for a month or so.

Today the horrible "upgrade" failed to install and initialize. 

So I had to do the brilliant procedure (kudos to the originators!) to get back to nice 0.8.5.

As long as the smart guys doesn't ruin this workaround, it's okay with me to do those extra steps now and then in order to escape the ugly one.

When writing this Spotify made a sudden exit, so I will come back later and report if there are any new issues.

The 085 wont start for me now, and the old 065 version doesnt have crossfade ?  whats the oldest version that works that has crossfade ?

We don't want to help you improve your 0.9.0 version.

It is just ugly. I can't even put the Spotify window in foreground, it hurts my eyes.

We don't want any of your new crappy features.

Give us back the old client.
It was just working fine !
That is what we subscribed to.

Keep things simple or die like all the other internet services that became less attractive and more marketized.

0.8.7 has been working fine for me all morning. Only noticable difference from 0.8.5 is the search function.

This appears to be a link for it. Its not on filehorse for some reason.

Smash Up The Dancefloor (Drum & Bass)
Fluid Mechanics (Chilled)

Thanks so much mutantdog.  You've totally made my day.

@HelloGoodbye wrote:

I've been running the downgrade fix (to 0.8.5) for a month or so.

Today the horrible "upgrade" failed to install and initialize. 

So I had to do the brilliant procedure (kudos to the originators!) to get back to nice 0.8.5.

As long as the smart guys doesn't ruin this workaround, it's okay with me to do those extra steps now and then in order to escape the ugly one.

When writing this Spotify made a sudden exit, so I will come back later and report if there are any new issues.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just cancelled my subscription, there is an issue with the 085 fix now since the program keeps on ending after while.

I will not spend any more time on this downhill service.    

I've just updowngraded to 0.8.7 which appears to be much the same as 0.8.5.  I was running 0.6.5 which was amazingly responsive even compared to 0.8.5 although many features were missing. Lets see how long we can hang on to this updowngrade before Spotify runs interference? Many thanks to mutantdog for the link. 

@BigKev57 wrote:

I've just updowngraded to 0.8.7 which appears to be much the same as 0.8.5.  I was running 0.6.5 which was amazingly responsive even compared to 0.8.5 although many features were missing. Lets see how long we can hang on to this updowngrade before Spotify runs interference? Many thanks to mutantdog for the link. 

I am trying out this version as well. It's almost identical to v0.8.5 apart from being noticeably slower.

I almost threw up after trying to search something with it. Apart from the ugly white background some functionality is also missing from search (no playlist/album/artist results and artist name suggestions).

screenshot

I want my v0.8.5 back.

Marked as solution

Dear Spotify, please find a way for us to continue using 0.8.5 otherwise I will terminate my paid membership. I'm clearly not the only person who feels this way around here. You guys are going to have a serious amount of competition very soon on top of the other current alternatives, you are commiting business suicide. I already have a paid membership to another service (Qobuz), I'll miss Spotify 0.8.5 but there is no reason for me to stick around to use your terrible new interface.

Yup, came here just to say that if I cannot use ver 0.8.5 or at the very least if the activity feed from that client is not restored to a current cleint as a choice or by default I will be cancelling my subscription. I do not wish to explicitly follow people to know what they are listening to. This was the whole point of this service for me with fb integration and I am not interested in opting in any further if I don't want to.

Suggested posts