Premium

Country

USA 

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've run into a strange issue, where a local file that I previously had imported, and then removed, stayed in my library as a ghost file of sorts. I've reinstalled spotify twice, attempted reimporting and removing again, and manually clearing files, and I've had no luck whatsoever. I think the file may have ghosted itself onto the server linked with my username, which is why I can't get rid of it, but web player doesn't show it and I don't have access to another computer to test. Any help is hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

Griffin

Untitled.png
12 Replies

Hi @gpgrocker, thanks for posting to the Community!

As a first step, could you try seeing if the song is in any of your playlists or possibly on another device? Please reply when you try so I can help you further 🙂

It's in no playlists, nor on my ipad or iphone. I'd imported it from the same laptop I'm having the issue on.

Hey @gpgrocker, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Head to Settings and under Display Options toggle the switch for Show unavailable songs in playlists to turn it off:

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 10.26.38.png

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Tried. Since it's in the My Library section, not a playlist, it's unaffected by that.

Hey @gpgrocker,

Please go to Settings and scroll down until you find Local Files section.

Just turn the switch off for all the sources in that section.

Restart Spotify and that song should be gone.

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 10.36.59.png

Let me know if that helps 🙂

Literally the first thing I tried.

Hey @gpgrocker,

Sorry that didn't work.

Have you tried to unsave the song that is in the Songs folder?

To see if that appears everywhere, create another user account on your PC and install Spotify there.

Please let me know how it goes 🙂

Tried unsaving it. It ignores the input. File glitch continues on separate windows user account logged into the same spotify account, on a fresh download. Definitely a server issue then?

Hey @gpgrocker

Could you check this thread for a more advanced uninstallation of Spotify?

Thanks! 🙂

I double checked for any remaining files after both times I uninstalled via a full drive search. Nothing remained.

Hey @gpgrocker,

Have you tried removing all offline devices here?

After that perform one more time a clean reinstall of the app on your desktop 🙂

Thanks!

No luck

Suggested posts