Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung S7, Google Home Mini

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have all my local files in playlists. I ask it to play the playlist that is 100% local files. It says "Ok, playing xxx playlist." but nothing actually comes on. It does this with other playlists that are 100% local as well. I've tried leaving my laptop open and online, nothing works. I only have spotify premuim because of it's abilty to sync my offline library so I'm a bit disappoitned when spotify promotied the google home and it won't play these songs. Any tips? Thanks y'all. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @lynzehmk

Premium users can sync their playlists with local files between desktop and mobile devices, but it's not possible to play local files through Spotify Connect (Google Home or other devices), simply because it's not possible to sync local files with those devices. Local files are not uploaded to Spotify servers. Sorry about that!

I'd suggest using bluetooth. Also this method allows to stream songs from Chrome to Google Home, but this probably plays one song at a time, which is not entirely useful.
There's also an Idea on streaming local files to devices (including Google Home), which you can see, comment on and leave kudos to here.

Hope this helps, have a nice day 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @lynzehmk

Premium users can sync their playlists with local files between desktop and mobile devices, but it's not possible to play local files through Spotify Connect (Google Home or other devices), simply because it's not possible to sync local files with those devices. Local files are not uploaded to Spotify servers. Sorry about that!

I'd suggest using bluetooth. Also this method allows to stream songs from Chrome to Google Home, but this probably plays one song at a time, which is not entirely useful.
There's also an Idea on streaming local files to devices (including Google Home), which you can see, comment on and leave kudos to here.

Hope this helps, have a nice day 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

There's an open idea about this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Connect-Allow-my-own-music-to-play-while-connected-to-a-...

For anyone having this issue, please go there and vote for the idea!

I found a solution for playing local files on a Google Home Mini, however this will play all audio from your phone.

1: Open Google Home App.

2: Select the device you want to play music on.

3: Tap "Cast my audio."

4: Enjoy!

Screenshot_20200905-232037_2.png

Suggested posts