Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP! New User to Spotify- Can't Find Local File Option in Settings for adding local owned CDS

HELP! New User to Spotify- Can't Find Local File Option in Settings for adding local owned CDS

New User to Spotify- Can't Find Local File Option in Settings anywhere for adding local owned CDS?  One message said start a playlist and then add songs but again there is no option to import local ripped CD MP3?  Loaded IPhone App and cannot find any option for local files either?

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

New User to Spotify- Can't Find Local File Option in Settings anywhere for adding local owned CDS?  One message said start a playlist and then add songs but again there is no option to import local ripped CD MP3?  Loaded IPhone App and cannot find any option for local files either?

7 Replies

Here are some screen shots

Spotify SS1.jpg
Spotify SS2.jpg

You need the desktop app to add your local files.

https://www.spotify.com/us/download/other/

I have the desktop app screenshots are from the Win10 Desktop App.

This is truly frustrating.....

You might have the "test" version that everyone's complaining about.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Desktop-Lost-Features-no-friend-tab-etc/m-p/4918649...

Hey @user-removed,

As @ovalseven has said it looks like you are currently part of a test that Spotify as confirmed by your screenshots is currently running with it's desktop experience. Spotify is always running tests and looking to improve the user experience in as many ways as possible, you can learn more about testing at Spotify here

Right now, it's not possible to opt-out of these tests however if your not happy with the new experience I'd recommend adding a +VOTE here to show your interest to Spotify to returning back to what you had previously.

Does spotify mind not placing people willy nilly into these tests?
Why is there no option to opt out?
Why am I paying for a downgraded version?
Why is the test going on for months?
Why is there no official update from spotify yet?
Why do we keep getting these robot answers?

We need proper communication soon and a fix (end the 'test' already), otherwise people are going to start walking away from this platform.

Don't bother to react in this forum.  You will not get any decent reaction from Spotify, other than this socalled "test" email. Where you can request to get "new" features, which were actually taken away from you.

This company displays utter arrogancy in dealing with his customers.

I myself am a newbie premium user, and chose Spotify as it has the feature of adding local music files as well. They still advertise with that, but it is a big lie.
As I have a promo of free Premium for the first 3 months, I will have a look how this develops.
Otherwise I will revert to my most stable previous solution: download the mp3's I like and put them in a playlist for Winamp. Rock stable solution, it will never disappoint you !

Do not expect any other reaction than being banned from this forum,
the whole "test" story is a lie, they are rolling out a new version that excludes a lot of stuff.  I won't be surprised if you can buy those features later on as a "Premium Plus" user or some **bleep** like that.

Suggested posts