Premium

Country

India

Device

Android OnePlus 3T

Operating System

Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

My Question or Issue

I have been a longtime user of Spotify Free on desktop/ app and have been maintaining a consistent habit of "liking" songs by clicking the heart icon. So one of my personal ways of discovering new playlists was to see how many "heart" icons I can see next to new playlists to know whether the playlist was best suited for me. However, after switching to the Premium version in Dec 2019, I noticed that all the heart icons have disappeared from the app and desktop interfaces. Is this a known issue for Spotify? how do i enable visibility of my liked songs so that I can find out if I have heard this and "liked" it in the past? 

2 Replies

Hey there @Ramakant

Thanks for reaching out - help’s here!

The heart icons are still available across the Spotify versions on all compatible devices. We're currently not aware of an issue like the one you describe. 

However, we suggest you first perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on both devices. This step will remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

hi ivan, 

thanks for your prompt reply. I'm attaching a screenshot of my desktop client (open.spotify.com) to show you what I'm referring to. Specific use case is that I would like to see a heart icon next to my liked songs because when on discovery mode, I open playlists and look for songs with the heart icon next to them - indicating that I have heard them in the past and the playlist is suitable for me. Unfortunately, I have to click on the ellipsis to check if the song has been liked by me. This is a really cumbersome way of achieving the same purpose.

The same thing applies to the Android App as well. hope this makes my query easier to explain.  your thoughts on this? 

delete.png

Suggested posts