Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hidden and empty albums

Solved!

Hidden and empty albums

I've noticed that some albums exist that are not visible on the artist page, yet can be accessed by other means, for example there is a version of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon that I was only able to access via last.fm plugin's recommendations. I sadly can't provide a link because it no longer shows up there. For another example look here: - a normal version of "Sea When Absent" by A Sunny Day in Glasgow: spotify:album:3Iy5jI6NPlwjwfmcEslZ02 - a version only available via the Pitchfork plugin with some tracks missing: spotify:album:33hTF9orLJd9ZD4lMeWQ2l This also brings me to another issue - there are albums that are 'available', but all the tracks on them are greyed out and cannot be played. Why add them in the first place? Cheers

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It is all down to availability, if an album is not available in your country Spotify will normally hide that album from you. In the case when you find one, but tracks on that album are available on another album that is available to you, Spotify links the tracks so you can play them. Normally on albums where you can't play all of the tracks that is what is going on.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You have the labels to thank for that: some of them like to limit the availability of the music they own, either completly or to some countries only. Consequently, some of the albums won't be visible, or if they are, they will be greyed, like you've seen. Spotify merely displays all the existing album, and greys the ones you don't have access to.

It sucks and everything, but can't be helped right now 😕

Marked as solution

It is all down to availability, if an album is not available in your country Spotify will normally hide that album from you. In the case when you find one, but tracks on that album are available on another album that is available to you, Spotify links the tracks so you can play them. Normally on albums where you can't play all of the tracks that is what is going on.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

When I look up “Rage Against the Machine,” and go to albums, the first album isn’t there, but the remastered version of it is, and the remastered version is horribly compressed. So the only way I could access the original before saving it was by going to the album when a song from it on the radio played, but, the tracks STILL say “remastered.” I would just like to listen to the original album.

Suggested posts