Premium

Country

Germany

Device

PC Lenovo Windows 8.1

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

!Info this text might contain grammar/typing errors since its not my main language please ignore that. 

What happend?

Usually the Daily Mix gets updated for me at 3am from sunday to monday and as i heard the playlist on monday evening i thought i got a whole week to save it. However it was the mix from last week with great songs that i still want to have but it got overwritten then. Well looks like i was unlucky and that just happend well.. but shouldnt it be stated atleast in my Historie which songs i heard yesterday in the daily mix. Since i cant find any of those songs there which i found weird. Is this a bug?

Is there any way to restore the real historie or maybe even a solution to get the daily mix of yesterday. Thanks for any help. (Sorry if this question was already asked somewhen)

2 Replies

Hey @Sivo

History keeps only the last 50 songs you've played. It also clears out completely when Spotify updates.

I am a little confused about your Daily Mix though. Discover Weekly updates on Monday nights. Daily Mix updates also pretty often, on a daily basis.

Unfortunately there is no way to retrieve your listening history nor the old playlist. Sorry about that!

To avoid this problem in the future, I highly recommend creating a last.fm account and linking it to your Spotify account. This way you won't have to worry about missing a good song. 🙂

Hope this helps, have a great day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Ah yea i meant the weekly mix of course and i just played 3-4  other songs after i listened to the weekly mix a day ago to check if the historie is even working. So i thought they should be still there [*in the last 50], it actually even show some songs which i listened to in the past but not the onces of the evening before from the weekly mix. With the spotify update you mean even those short onces with the weekly mix or version updates since i didnt execute one the last days if i remember right.

For me it just looks like that the historie cut out only the songs from the weekly mix after the playlist was renewed, (like if the songs were removed from spotify completly)  and i think that would be a bug.

Suggested posts