Free/Premium

Country

England

Device

Sony Xperia 1 II and PC

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have hit a problem where Spotify says I must turn off offline mode before playing a song. However I can't find where to turn it off, I have googled it and none of the answers so far have helped. I have tried logging out and back in but still nothing... help.

16 Replies

Hey @MonkeyGaming171

Which options have you tried? For desktop it should available if you click the three dots at the top left, go to file and select 'Offline Mode' after that.

On Android, when you're on the home tab of the app, there should be a little gear icon. If you press that button there should be an option to turn offline mode off or on a few options down the list.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It's ok now @MauriceMV it seems to have sorted itself out after a day. Thanks anyway ❤️

No worries. If you're ever having trouble again, feel free to ask! 😉 

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

As usual, after clicking on the 3 dots there is no offline option....

Just as well I did not give Spotify any of my money.

Hey @uyfa24!

If you're on Free you won't see the Offline Mode options, but you can still download podcasts and listen to them without an internet connection. You just have to disable your Wifi / Mobile Data and the app will enter Offline Mode automatically.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i dont have offline mode in the section files

Hi there @parpy,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. 

Can you confirm if you're on the free version or if you're a Premium users? If you're on our free version, please have a look at @Yordan post above.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey Im on Spotify Free but I did have Spotify Premium from 2017 to 2020. My Spotify Desktop application is telling me its on Offline mode and to turn off offline mode to listen to music, and I still have internet connection access. Why is this? I exited the program multiple times and waited a day or two. Its not working.

Hey @afroenby,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

This type of issue could be related to some damaged cache stored on your device from previous versions. We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful in getting rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

If the issue persists, could you send us a screenshot of the error message you're getting? This will give us a better look at the issue.

Lastly, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of the device involved, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I am getting the same error. Turning on offline and back off does not resolve the issue. Super annoying. What am I paying for?

Hi @isaaaaaaaaaaa!

Could you confirm that the app's internet connection is not being blocked by another program (Windows Defender Firewall for example)? It's worth checking your hosts file for any entries with Spotify by following the steps here. If you find any, simply remove them, then save your changes and restart the app.

You can also try with a different network, if possible. In case you're using a VPN, try disabling it temporarily as well.

If the issue persists, a screenshot of how things look on your end would be greatly appreciated.

Keep us posted. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I had this problem and I restarted spotify. and everything went back to work properly.

Hey @Bamboo53,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

We're glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again,

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

i am getting error on my spotify premium individual account. the songs wont play and the message being displayed is tha i need to turn off offline mode, but it is not even on. how do i resolve this. it is my exam time and i really need my spotify buddy could someone please help?

Hey there @dia1

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community! 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid repeating any steps. Also, does this happen across devices or only on a specific one? 

On another note, does the same happens if you try using a different internet connection? 

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

1. Go to settings

2. Scroll down until you find proxy settings

3. change the proxy setting to Auto detect settings

4. Press the restart Spotify button 

5. Enjoy listening to Spotify again.

Suggested posts