Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How Spotify selsects what new music to suggest me (autoplay, daily mixes, dowcovery)?

Solved!

How Spotify selsects what new music to suggest me (autoplay, daily mixes, dowcovery)?

Plan

Premium

My Question

Hi,

I'm wondering how does spotify decide what new music to suggest me (autoplay, daily mixes, dowcovery, etc), specifically - does it rely on what's in "My library" or "Playlists"?

The reason I'm trying to figure this out is, that most of the music I like and tend to return to - is kept in my "Playlists", while the new & not-yet-heard stuff is saved temporarily in "My Library" until I listen to it & decide if I like it.

Thanks,

Tom 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @unclnis,

Sorry for the delay!

Yes, that is correct! It doesn't matter were your music is, it matters that you listen to the music you enjoy and like, so Spotify will serve you better 🙂

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @unclnis, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

The formula is kept secreat but the more you listen to music the more Spotify's algorithm knows you and tries to serve you the music you might like to hear.

Have a great day! 🙂

Thanks Loxer,

So if I understnad correctly, it's ok for me to keep the music I actually like - only in my playliststs & not in the "your library" area, as long as I keep playing it?

Marked as solution

Hey @unclnis,

Sorry for the delay!

Yes, that is correct! It doesn't matter were your music is, it matters that you listen to the music you enjoy and like, so Spotify will serve you better 🙂

Have a great day!

Suggested posts