Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can i delete local files from spotify

Solved!

How can i delete local files from spotify

Hello, i have a question. How can i delete the local files from spotify. i already deactivated all locations on the properties and i changed all folder names. spotify still shows all songs but doesn´t play any of it. but how can i kick them out of my sight? 

And also there are a few songs who play but who doesn´t seem to be local files, because spotify don´t show me a folder where the song is. 

anyone know a solution except deinstall?

45 Replies

I've deleted the file twice and the local files still keep appearing, any ideas?

Thank you. This actually worked **bleep**!!!! (:

I have no clue whats wrong. STILL doesnt work after finding the local cache thing and deleting it. Even tried to uninstall the app and it still doesnt work. PLEASE HELP 

Hi petervangalen, in my "Library" and neither in "Application Support" there isn't any Spotify folder..What can I do?

@petervangalen wrote:

On my Mac (with Sierra and Spotify 1.0.58...), the following worked:

1. Close Spotify

2. Navigate to "/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Spotify/Users/seemingly-random-numbers-and-letters-user/" ***

3. Delete the file named local-files.bnk

4. Start Spotify

*** If you can't find this folder, here are two ways to get to it:

A. Open Finder. Click "Go" in the menu bar and hold down the "option" key. "Library" will appear. Click it, navigate to "Application Support/Spotify/Users/" etc.

B. Open Finder. Click "Go" in the menu bar and "Go to Folder...". Enter "/Users/username/Library/", then click "Go". Navigate to "Application Support/Spotify/Users/" etc.

I am relatively new to Spotify Premium.  I am on a Windows 10 laptop. I have deleted the relevant *.bnk file in an attempt to delete Local Files from Spotify.  The *.bnk file was in the Roaming subfolder of Appdata.  It had 360Kb, a relatively big file. The file is in my Recycle Bin.  I still have over 10,000 Local Files, and none of them will play.

In addition, the Repeat function in my Spotify app is not working properly.  It does not toggle between No Repeat/Repeat All/Repeat One correctly.

Should I uninstall/reinstall?  I installed from the Microsoft Store, because I could not get the download to work at the Spotify site.  Spotify does not appear in my list of installed programs in Windows 10. 

I dont have anything in my Spotify File Please Help

Suggested posts