Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I clear my Shortcuts, Recently Played, and Top Shows

How do I clear my Shortcuts, Recently Played, and Top Shows

I have some podcasts that are showing up on my home screen when I login and my family sees it which is quite embarrassing.  I would like to delete Shortcuts, Recently Played and Top Shows when I close Spotify.  Or better yet remove them altogether.  It causes everyone trouble when they listen to spotify with their family and friends. 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Widows Desktop and Android Phone

Operating System

(Windows 10,...I do not know the android version)

My Question or Issue

I would like Shortcuts, Recently Played, and Top shows to not show up on my Spotify program when I open it.  Sometimes I like to put my music on in the living room for my family and what shows up....my effing top shows about personal desires, **bleep** etc.. This is a deal-breaker if it cannot be fixed.  I hear apple Tunes does not embarrass people in front of their friends and family like Spotify does.  Let me know ASAP.

Sincerely,

Bert

Top Answer
Ver
Spotify Legend

Hey @Bertram,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Currently there is no option to remove them for the Home screen. We always strive to improve our app and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

You can also head here and add your +Vote to support the idea. You can also find more information about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

12 Replies

Hey @Bertram,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Currently there is no option to remove them for the Home screen. We always strive to improve our app and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

You can also head here and add your +Vote to support the idea. You can also find more information about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I think this option is a must-have feature. Privacy matters!! I don't want to see my top shows on my app to be seen by everyone.

EXACTLY! My account was hacked about a month ago, and whoever it was put like 4 playlists of annoying songs on my shortcuts somehow. now that's all I ever see when I open Spotify. Can't clear the shortcuts, can't change them to what I want MY shortcuts to be. No one even wanted these features.

Hi Ver, Just as a quick note... as a general rule, *ALL* new features you put on my home screen should be customizable, or able to be "switched off".

I refrain from listening to new podcasts because even tho I just listened for a few minuts of one episode, it will be on "Your top shows", with no way to remove it.
I don't understand how anyone could even make such a feature, without thinking of the need to remove**bleep** again.

Bumping this up for visibility. My issue is listening to early retirement podcasts at work. I've already had 2 employees ask if I'm planning to retire early just because they are the first thing listed in the spotify web player. I don't need spotify advertising I'm planning on an early retirement to my boss or anyone that walks by my machine.  I shouldn't need to minimize a window to "hide" what spotify thinks I should listen to. It should be right click > remove from playlist/top shows/recommended. 

Hey @trading7417,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We understand that the UI design might not be idea, but the teams at Spotify are constantly trying to improve the user experience.

The best way to give feedback is through Ideas and discussions such as this one. We'd recommend you add your +Vote to the idea that @Ver has linked to.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

+VOTE

...how this is not a priority for Spotify baffles me.  I'm stuck with two shows on my home screen that I listened to for a few seconds months ago on my home screen as 'top shows'.  What a waste of the homescreen space.

Guess here is another vote for the idea Spofify have parked as, 'not right now'. 🙄

This is annoying....the wish for this [simple] feature is around for years now....!!!
It seems like generating money is the most important goal on spotify, poorly maintained code

Try mark every episode as played. I think that's what made podcasts disappear from my home screen. Totally ridiculous that this might be the only solution, but give it a try.

The app would be better if you literally TURNED OFF THIS FEATURE. 

Spotify has a robust feature flagging capability as part of its software update process. Disabling this would likely be trivial. (And don't get me started on their experimentation framework, which should easily have shown them how unused/unhelpful the current UX of My Shows is.)

wth do we need to do to get a response here? It's be almost ONE YEAR.

Suggested posts