How do I completely uninstall spotify?

Solved!

Re: How do I completely uninstall spotify?

wjh2kri376orbuh
Casual Listener

Click "Uninstall" from control panel, nothing happens. Still annoyed with spotify login prompt when computer starts. (Maybe when you support Roku devices with Premium HD, I will reconsider.)

spotify.jpg

WalktheWalk
Regular
There are dozens of postings on a dozen threads on this forum on the uninstall issue. Suffice it to say the Windows UNINSTALLER doesn't work. Period. There are command line hacks that may help.
One solution that I'm certain, and many others are certain will also work, once and for all, is to download the FREEWARE app REVO UNINSTALLER from CNET which will remove it guaranteed. I have posted this several times and gotten positive feedback. I'm not affiliated in any way with REVO, nor do I like downloads, but this app rocks, and I've used it since on other apps.
Meanwhile, in spite of innumerable complaints, Spotify is still doing nothing to fix their UNINSTALLER, which is not difficult for any competent programmer to code.

wjh2kri376orbuh
Casual Listener
The Windows 7 Unistaller does not work because YOU have not bothered to
supply it.

YOU must close programs, delete the directory structure, and remove the
registry keys (the reverse of what you did to install Spotify.)

NO ONE is going to do it for you. (I could, but I would rather you did it.)

user-removed
Not applicable

For Windows 10, if you're using the standard windows 10 start menu, simply click the start menu, type Spotify, and your result will say Spotify trusted windows store install.  Right click that and choose Uninstall.  Right above it, it will say "Uninstalling Spotify"

I prefer the regular download over the store integration install.  I never had this automatically install on Windows until I installed it on my Xbox One X.  Now the Windows Store installs it automatically on all my windows 10 devices.  

wjh2kri376orbuh
Casual Listener
The problem, though, is that you have not actually written the uninstall
code, so that the Uninstall option does nothing.

If the install program left its msiexec file on the hard drive, then the /x
parameter supplied on the msiexec command line would, in theory, delete the
registry keys rather than add them, however, no msiexec file exists after
the install.

So that Spotify.Exe is no longer in my Programs and Features list, I have
manually deleted the Spotify registry keys. I have eliminated the web helper
program from my startup and deleted the Spotify program directory.

nvrdemo
Casual Listener

Where do I find 'Application Support' for unistalling Spotify from iMac?  Thanks

9sxlgw_s-wea0

If you looked in control panel to unistall it is not there. Where the *** dod you get your info from?

user-removed
Not applicable

Windows store apps install differently than the standard exe or MSU installation.  The directory the Windows Store installs to is encrypted and security denies access to those few apps that aren’t.  Unless you boot from another install, you can’t browse to delete the exe, which isnt am exe with Windows store, but some form of extension of the Windows store itself.  

Worse case, download IOBit Uninstaller and use that.  When it’s done, choose the powerful scan and it’ll remove any remnants of any version installed. 

user-removed
Not applicable

Mac OSX, since Lion, has the Library folder hidden. To show it, hold Option key and select Go > Library, or open Terminal and type:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

To go to the folder you need, select Go > Go to Folder and type ~/Library/Application Support/ and locate Spotify

Kumitzin
Casual Listener

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to unsinstall the program, as there is nothing on the AppData folder. Neither in Local nor in Roaming.

It isn't listed in control pannel and it doesn't appear in my progam list, BUT it does appear as installed in Windows store, so I can't reinstall, update or modify Spotify. ¬¬

Can somebody help, please?

SUGGESTED POSTS