How do I completely uninstall spotify?

Solved!

Re: How do I completely uninstall spotify? (web player firefox 20.0.1)

d9dave
Regular

I installed Spotify to use its service

But since installing and trying to delete it I have been left with slow start up on my laptop and Spotify being the dominant program.

If i can 't resolve the performance issues than I want to remove spotify completely

Despite Joe's comment I am deeply suspicious of this program, particularly as there is no mention of how to uninstall on Spotify's 'help' or technical pages

Peter__
Community Legend

Have you tried setting Spotify not to start automaically when you turn your computer on? 

You can do that from the Edit > Preferences menu inside the client. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Rollo_
Roadie

Windows 'Install & Remove Programs' in the Control Panel should remove everything.  All Spotify program files are confined to two folders, one in each of the two Application Data folders, that's it, other than Desktop and Program Files shortcuts, so check there. 

Since you've done the uninstall, there must be something left in the registry as a Run command that is called on every startup.  You should  run Ccleaner's registry cleaner to remove these and other registry entries.  Most programs leave registry entries on uninstall.  Ccleaner will also show what is scheduled to run on startup.

If the uninstall was successful, even with leftover registry entries, I really doubt that the slowdown is related to Spotify

d9dave
Regular

many thanks to all for replies.

I have managed to remove Spotify and my laptop now opens at normal speed

Prowlers1

I have tried and tried to uninstall spotify on Windows 7-64 bit. When I go to control panel/programs/select spotify/Uninstall, I get a message "Invalid options: /uninstall". Since I have installed Spotify I cannot install any windows updates and I get a blue memory dump screen trying. Shutdown message: Windows unexpected shut down screen. ERROR: user\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-43165-0.sysdata.xml. Now the PC just restarts over and over again with a blue screen every 5 minutes. Still cannot uninstall spotify. Did get it removed out of my browser.

Please help me get this out of my PC!!

TedBear411

Could you pls tell me what you did to uninstall it??? I've been triying to do so and just can't!!! Thank you in advance.

janetbeautiful
Regular

Great job dealing with this - it is getting confusing out there.  Chrome keeps doing things to my Outlook hyperlinks in my email.  I always suspect the browser install too and re-do that if nothing else to make sure I didn't miss a TRICKY checkoff box in Firefox, Chrome, IE, or whatever.  Spotify has been a great product in my opinion, and is evolving like anything else to get better and bigger.  Thanks support folks for hanging in there with us out here as we are often confused and a little too harsh with the people helping us :)

Re: How do I completely uninstall spotify?

armagan

@y84media wrote:

System Preferences

Users & Groups

Click on your admin account, click on the padlock to make changes, click on login items, click on Spotify, click on the "-" (minus) button below to remove this from the list of apps that start up when you log into your Mac.

Click on your Desktop, click "Go" at the top of the screen, click on "Applications".  Drag Spotify to the trash.

Scroll down to Utilities and double-click "Terminal".

Copy and paste the following, it will ask for your admin password:

"sudo rm -R Library/Caches/com.spotify.client" <- Press return & type in your admin password
"sudo rm -R Library/Caches/ com.spotify.danstaller" <- Press return & type in your admin password

Should be all gone

There is a space in the command deleting the spotify cache directory. Be careful, between the containing folder and the spotify directory. Don't use it with the space if you don't want your whole cache directory wiped out.

musicbox-1-2015

Uninstall on Windows: (8.1 64bit)

1. Go to a shortcut of Spotify or create one.

2. Right click -> properties -> add to target " /unistall" . so it looks like this: C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify_delite\spotify.exe /uninstall

3. Apply and close

4. Right click -> Run As Administrator.

5. Ciao!

confusedme
Casual Listener

i can't move it to the trash! What do i do? 

SUGGESTED POSTS