How do I completely uninstall spotify?

Solved!

Re: How do I completely uninstall spotify?

Tennisbratt

You are wonderful!  Thanks!!

archimedes1

Considering this issue was covered 4 years ago in these posts...and I just installed and attempted to uninstall with the same results - failure of control panel to uninstall.  Manually ending the process in Task Manager and deleted Spotify manually was successful.  My question is...WHY the **bleep** hasn't Spotify included an uninstaller with there software??  I will never use it again.

d9dave
Regular
I realised four years ago Spotify is an advertising platform , just happens to have some music that we all like . So we get hooked in on their music offer to then be trapped by their advertising (or we pay Spotify NOT to receive their adverts'....!!) nasty business ethics
Solution!

tfinger

In Win-7 tried 10 times in Control Panel clicking on the Uninstall bar up top. Finally, I right-clicked on Spotify in Control Panel and this time it asked for uninstall confirmation, clicked OK, then it was uninstalled. Not sure why, but happy.

View solution in original post

WalktheWalk
Regular

These instructions apply to WHAT operating system, please?  Windows 10?  Mac OS?  They sure don't apply to Windows 7.

The real issue here, as a former software tester myself, is that the Spotify app, does not UNINSTALL properly, at least in Windows 7 Pro.  I installed it in July, now it won't uninstall using the standard Windows Control Panel uninstall utility.

This is clearly a software bug.  All Windows programs should be able, nowadays, to smoothly install and uninstall.  

Spotify Development needs to get busy on a fix.

kuriko

Thanks

angeladorey
Casual Listener

I have uninstalled from the control panel 100 times and it never executes. It doesn't give me an error it just does nothing. I have rebooted my computer and still nothing. 

tmothy

thank you! this really helped. :D

angeladorey
Casual Listener

Completely crashed and destroyed my entire operating system is gone! 

livabusa

everytime i press uninstall i get an error that says that the uninstaller couldnt open. what do i do?

SUGGESTED POSTS