How do I completely uninstall spotify?

Solved!

Re: How do I completely uninstall spotify?

WalktheWalk
Regular
You are not alone, as this is a common problem. The only workable method in Windows to remove the Spotify app is to download a freeware app called Revo Uninstaller. Run the Scan feature and then it will properly uninstall all registry entries and Spotify files. The Spotify uninstall doesnt work, so dont bother with it. Revo Uninstaller can be found on the CNET Downloads website. Its very popular.
##- Please type your reply above line -##

gy_xiao

Great! It has solved my problem! I recently started to have some DLL error when I tried to run Spotify after an automatic Windows update. Now I have successfully uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify, and I am listening to music on Spotify again! Thank you for sharing!

Re: How do I completely uninstall spotify? (web player firefox 20.0.1)

Pissed_Off1
Regular

Someone installed Spotify on two of my computers. The HD on my laptop waas nearly full, so I decided to uninstall Spotify to gain a little space. What should have taken 90 seconds has overtaken my evening. After trying to uninstall it for almost an hour, I decided to get rid of it from all my computers and make sure it is NEVER installed again. Like metastatic lung cancer, this program is nearly impossible to remove. I hate spotify as much as I hate metastatic lung cancer.  But more than cancer, I hate the sociopathic spotify employee who decided to make this app impossible to uninstall. So, F you, and your F'd up desperate company. I will make sure to tell everyone I know that unless they want to infect their computer with a digital cancer, they must avoid spotify.

WalktheWalk
Regular

As an IT software/hardware analyst myself, and an ISO 9000 certified Quality Auditor,  I agree wholeheartedly. This app should have never been released to the public.  In fact, by its behavior, it qualifies as "malware", and does not meet Windows O/S standards, as it simply will NOT ever uninstall. Never.

So, don't waste anymore of your time Restarting and Uninstalling.  It will still be there behind the scenes.

I have successfully removed it with the highly rated freeware app Revo Uninstaller. I'm not keen on downloading and installing 3rd party programs, but in this case, I had no choice.  Ran the Scan option (see my prior posts),  and found hundreds of Spotify files and over 3300+ Windows registry entries left behind. After many unsuccessful attempts to Uninstall, which should be an easy task.

Makes me wonder if Spotify is a Russian malware company, or an NSA Black bag operation in disguise. Call me paranoid.

The bottom line is: THIS IS BEYOND UNACCEPTABLE IN THE 21st CENTURY. We need to let the IT media know about this, then maybe, just maybe, the Do-dos in Management at Spotify will figure out how to write an Uninstaller.   (Hint: They can run REVO, take notes, and write a DOS batch file, if they have to, it's that simple.)

Pissed_Off1
Regular

Revo is exactly the program I used to rid myself of this nonsense.Nothing else I tried worked. I found the behavior of this program especially nefarious and like you, suspect there is a lot more to spotify then meets the eye. Althoughed I vowed never to retrun to this site, your response vindicated my anger and frustration. As I said, I made it my buisness to warn all others away from spotify...nothing good or positive can come from a program that inserts itself throughout your hard drive like metastatic small cell cancer.

bourkegrace00

Spotify stopped working and now I have over ten bars 'installing spotify' and 'aborting'' on my desktop, it's really annoying and slowing my computer down. So I completely uninstalled it and they are still there.

26972212_949247655242984_1954619106_o.jpg

Pissed_Off1
Regular

Restart your computer, then google "REVO"  it is free for home use. That's what I usaed to rid myself of this malware

kasmusic1

Did you ever get this **bleep** off? My daughter installed it on my laptop. I cannot get rid of this **bleep**. I ran into this problem before when I downloaded it, but I can't remember how I got it off. This is crazy!

feebar
Casual Listener

Hi there,

I've got a Mac, I've got new DALI speakers, but I've only got spotify coming out of one speaker (the right).I also have a Bluetooth booster to play my phone through my soundsystem, but when I do that it only plays out the left speaker...

I completely uninstalled (as per the instructions) on both phone and laptop and just re-installed both but no joy. Really frustrating!  Please help!

Spotify playing through only one speaker

feebar
Casual Listener

Hi there,

I've got a Mac, I've got new DALI speakers, but I've only got spotify coming out of one speaker (the right).I also have a Bluetooth booster to play my phone through my soundsystem, but when I do that it only plays out the left speaker...

I completely uninstalled (as per the instructions) on both phone and laptop and just re-installed both but no joy. Really frustrating!  Please help!

SUGGESTED POSTS